“Fantastic Food & Superb Service!” 4 of 5 stars

(954) 564-4422
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lemongrass Asian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #157 of 1,126 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Fort Lauderdale
“Fantastic Food & Superb Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I think I have eaten enough Asian food for the entire population of a small country in my lifetime. With that said, it was necessary that I continue my gluttony for Asian cuisine and head on over to Lemongrass Asian Bistro for an early dinner.

Lemongrass Asian Bistro is a pretty casual restaurant but with hints of fine dining elements and design. In addition to the small but beautiful indoor dining area there's also an outdoor patio. The outdoor patio is more like an enclosed area of tables overlooking passing traffic, but if being outside is your thing, it is sufficient enough. They tried to add some pizazz but it comes across as a little cheesy. The indoor dining area is much nicer and aesthetically pleasing.

With Asian restaurants being a dime a dozen it is often hard to decipher what sets one apart from the next. For Lemongrass Asian Bistro it is the service. Our waitress was extremely attentive always keeping watch to ensure that our water was always refilled, the table was cleared when we finished our plates and our food was brought out quickly. She was attentive to the point where it could have been too much, but it's better to have than to be without. Apparently you can't go Asian without sushi and it seems Mexican too, hence me ordering the Mexican Rolls. Mexican Rolls aren't the fancy kind so it was far from exceptional but the rice on the rolls were good and so was the flavoring.

The crème de la crème of my dining experience was the Dynamite Tower. In other words, baked seafood, mayo, sesame seeds and masago over sushi rice. It was hot, tender and flaky, fluffy rice, amazing flavor and scrumptious.

The Hawaiian Dancer failed to deliver. The Hawaiian Dancer sounded so good on paper; scallops, chicken, pineapple, carrots, snow peas, bell peppers, and cashews in a tamarind sauce. It was a solid dish of fresh ingredients, but I felt that it needed a little bit more spice and fell a little flat in the flavor department. Presentation wise it was cool that it was served in the pineapple skin and made me even more excited to chow down, which is what probably heightened my disappointment. The amount of rice that it came with was a very small, but it also came with a house salad with choice of dressing, my choice being peanut dressing. The dressing appeared to be natural; it was chunky and you could taste the actual peanuts in it.

Lemongrass Asian Bistro has four locations within the Broward and Palm Beach area, so if the Fort Lauderdale location isn't in your near vicinity you can always check out one of their other locations. What I like about Lemongrass Asian Bistro is that they offer a spin on classic Asian dishes set in a warm and inviting environment.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Every time we are in Ft. Lauderdale we go here at least once for lunch. They have sushi as well as daily specials. Great soup. The cabbage salad with chicken and crushed peanuts is an appetizer, but big enough to be a meal. It is creative, refreshing and delicious. The service is excellent and it's nice and airy. We will definitely be back,

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Everything great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I love this place - the Tom Kha soup is fantastic.. And the sushi is very fresh.
I go on a weekly basis and am never let Down.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
chicago
“Fabulous restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

If you like Thai food or Japanese look no further. We had the TomYum soup, red curry salmon pad Thai and red bean ice cream. Everything was so amazingly good we can't wait to go back. Clean, great service and really really good. Our only disappointment is wanting to eat outside and they closed the patio before we got there.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Beautiful interior and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I would have never guessed by the outside of this restaurant that they would be so good. My friend and I were on the hunt for sushi and stumbled upon this restaurant. It does not look very appealing from the road but the inside is very nice and charming. The food was great ( Jalapeno sushi rolls amazing ) and the service was excellent. We had the fried ice cream for dessert- A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Will definitely return here. They also do take-out and I noticed they were constantly taking to-go orders over the phone, which means they must be a favorite around here.

Visited July 2012