“Rib Sticking Barbecue!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Ashland, Virginia
“Rib Sticking Barbecue!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Smelled great in the parking area and really good inside. We were not disappointed. Both of us had delicious lunches. The flavors were good, but the chicken was dry and tough as were the ribs. The chopped pork was awesome and the sides were delicious. So they get low scores because they missed the boat on their specialty.
Worth the visit and you won't leave hungry.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
Antigua, Guatemala
“BBQ HEAVEN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant is so good, consistent and with lots of options to suit every taste. We have eaten here many times and each meal has been great. The service is great and the prices are very good. We are lucky to have this restaurant close to home.

Visited November 2012
North Lauderdale, Florida
“Good 1st Impression”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Well, this was my first time there. I'm a bit of a BBQ hog but didn't want to make the drive to my usual place. They've got a smoker right in the lot so it's real deal stuff. I ordered the BBQ platter which come with 2 sides. I ordered collard greens & mac n' cheese, as well a side of cole slaw. They offer a drive thru service but don't expect anything fancy. The menu is hand written & doesn't express that certain things are more expensive so I'll save you the confusion. There is a surcharge of $1 for collard greens & mac n' cheese.

Unfortunately, they gave me baked beans instead of collards, which made me a upset since I paid extra for it. Do yourself a favor & make sure you check the items in the bag before driving off. I counted to make sure I had the right # of things but not that they were the correct item. Guess I've only got myself to blame. Of the items that I did get, here's the run down. The ribs were great, juicy with the right amount of smoke on it. The sauce that they used was pretty tastey as well. The baked beans, even though it wasn't what I ordered, was very good; you could taste that they homemade. That, or they can fake the funk pretty darn well. The cole slaw was somewhat mediocre, hjad no real flavor. The mac n' cheese was was just ok. Was way more mac than cheese. It looks like they just put some cheese on the bottom of the baking dish & some on top. There was no real cheese sauce. If nothing else, I'll go back for the ribs & baked beans...hopefully when I order collards, I'll actually get it.

Visited September 2012
“Southern BBQ without Mac n Cheese and without cornbread??? If that's what you want .... this is the place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Downhill. Over the past decade Jacks has been spiraling down and (my guess) is about ready to crash. No mac n cheese? A white bread roll sprinkled with garlic salt instead of cornbread??? Insult me please. Never again, Jack.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Oh SOOO Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

So glad I stopped. Did not mess around and ordered the spareribs...I have never had ribs with so much SMOKY flavor, which I love. The ribs were also very juicy which I guess is due to the brining. BEST collards I've ever had, piping hot and well seasoned. Macaroni & cheese was good too....I preferred then runny & saucy, this is the other style. Went back the next day for lunch for more ribs, skipped the mac and enjoyed two sides of collards. Oh man, good thing I do not live near here because I would grow a snout and tail. I mean bad thing I do not live near here because I am suffering withdrawal. Help, send me some more ribs & collards!

• Visited January 2012