“Very nice and welcoming hostel!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   1441 Cordova Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316   |
Stockholm
“Very nice and welcoming hostel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

I stayed at Bridge at Cordova one week with my friend. We just expected a simple hostel, but we REALLY felt so welcome there from day one, almost like a "family feeling". The manager tried to help us with everything we wondered about.
Really nice rooms, clean. The only negative thing about it was the location, at least if you feel like walking downtown.
Ok, I just want to send a hug to Toto, it was his name right?, the cutest dog ever!=)
Thanks for a great week!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

Travelled through Fort Lauderdale with a group of students who had just spent a week doing community service. The students were thrilled with the rooms, especially at such a low group rate! We were able to spend our entire weekend enjoying Fort Lauderdale with everything within walking/trolley distance. The staff was so helpful and treated the students with respect. Would reccomend this hostel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2010
Vicksburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

I must say I was surprised for what I got. Although I was traveling solo and had to pay twice the rate, I still felt like I got a bargain for my room. Not only did I have my own private shower, but a fridge, microwave, TV and dishes as well. There was also free internet access which was accessible most of the time. This hostel was also coveniently located to a Winn-Dixie (grocery store) and Ross department store (whose bargains decimated the outlets at Sawgrass Mills).

The staff was really friendly and free breakfast was served every morning.

One downside was that there was a slight ant problem near the "kitchen" area. Plus the CD player didn't work.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
nyc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

I will start off by saying that i have no clue what any of the other rooms were like- i stayed in room e- if the other rooms are anything remotely like my room- stay well well away.

I stayed here based it on being very cheap. I usually stay at hotels that are around $150 a night- this was only $72, but as it was so highly ranked , i booked a couple of nights here. I was too embarressed to walk right out after seeing the room, plus i had 2 young kids with me and it was very late. I certainly left first thing the next morning without showering- no way, I was using that disgusting bathroom. checked right into a best western for $110 where the rooms were clean and not decayed.

Anyway- the room itself. the photos I have posted speak for themselves- but basically, the rooms clealry have not been touched for about 30 years and show signs of breakage and decay everywhere. The worst things about the room were:

1. Room reeked of damp/mold
2. TV remote did not work (manager tried briefly to fix and then shrugged when he couldnt)
3. booked 3 beds and myslef and 2 kids. room only had one king size bed. manager just shrugged and told me to enjoy spending time with my kids
4- bathroom shower curtain had a ton of black filth/scum on it
5- no premium channels on tv, despite advertizing to contrary
6- really thin blanket and no spares. was very cold at night
7-toilet did not flush properly- had to use plunger- gross-

pluses- hotel owner tries to be helpful. large plasma tv in room. free very basic breakfast included. decent pool.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

Being a resident from Orange County, CA, I visited for a school interview in the Davie area which is about 10 miles from The Bridge. I could have stayed at a hotel that was $100+ that offered a shuttle from the airport and to the school, but it wasnt near the beach and being that I'm visiting Florida, I had to be near the beach. My stay at the Bridge on Cordova was amazing. From the moment I arrived at the airport, Jorge, the owner, picked me up. I was told it was $10 dollars usually, but since i was staying there for 2+ days, it was free. Location is near 2 big chain super markets making food very accessible. The Bridge is also near numerous restaurants such as the Raw Bar and Quarterdeck making going out for food and drinks very easy. In addition, the beach was a bus/bike ride away. The only better location I can think of is on the beach itself, which would cost me 4-8 times the rent I paid for at the Bridge. You can calculate the cost of everything and you'll still come out on top, but calculating the experience I had there would be priceless. The people you meet, usually yachters and other various backgrounds, would keep you up at night talking about anything. You can share a room or rent a private room in the back for families and such. The service is an entirely different story. The housekeepers are very punctual at keeping the rooms clean and Jorge works very hard to make you happy. He offered me a ride to my school which was 10 miles away, and supported me like my own family would on my journey. He is a great friend, business owner, and acted as a father in my time of need. You can't expect the Ritz or a Holiday Inn; the setting isnt made for that, but you can expect an experience that you've never encountered before. One that will open your perspective on the views of people in the world. I can assuringly say that I will come back one day and stay here again only to hope that I will gain the same experience as I once did at the Bridge on Cordova. Thank you my friend, you made my trip worth every penny and every memory worth every second.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2006

What can you really say about the bridge? It has it's highs, and it has its lows. This place is unlike anyother you have stayed at, the most diverse clientel I have ever come across, and that is a VERRRRY good thing. This place gives insight into the life of the "yachting professional" Don't expect the Ritz, and you won't be dissapointed. As far as hotels go, it is O.K. but as far as the experience goes, the is no better! The people are unique, the pool is great fun, and the owner/manager is great people. This is the most interesting place I have ever stayed, if you can't find good conversation here, you are not trying hard enough. Close to everything, try the Village Well for a cocktail at a good price, the daytime bartender is BEAUTIFULL!!!, and the guys who work at night are some of the best I have seen from NYC to LA, ask for John. No food at the hotel, but it is close to everything on this side of Lauderdale. Can't say enough about the people and the experience I had at the Bridge.

• Liked — The people and the owner.
  • Disliked — The room
  • Tips/Secrets — Winn Dixie coustomer # is the phone # to the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!