“Niche market hotel that makes you feel like family” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   1441 Cordova Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316   |
Potomac Falls, Virginia
“Niche market hotel that makes you feel like family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

A group of family members flew into Fort Lauderdale the day before our cruise. We wanted to find a place to stay that was convenient to the cruise port but also reasonably priced since we had blown our meager budget on the cruise. We researched Trip Advisor and decided to book a night at the Bridge of Cordova. I noticed that the reviews were all over the place but I did notice some trends. The folks that didn’t like it appeared to be under the impression that this was sold as a 5-star hotel. The Cordova is not the Hilton, but to be honest, I am glad it isn’t. Since this was the start of our vacation, we weren’t interested in a cookie-cutter establishment. What we found is a nice family owned hotel. We were first greeted by what I presume are the children of the owner. They were very nice and took us to our room. The room was clean and comfortable. What we really liked was the laid back atmosphere. The landscaping was spectacular and the staff very personable. I really loved the dogs that others complained about. They were very affectionate and cute! For those who said there were bed bugs, we did not encounter any. I also ask you to check the “bed bug registry” (yes it does exist). I think you will be surprised to learn that there are many high end hotels on there (just an FYI, Cordova was not on the list). Unfortunately, bed bugs are extremely common in hotels (at all price points), all over the country because of the frequency of international travel.

The Bridge of Cordova is a niche market hotel. It caters to those looking for a pleasant place to stay at a reasonable price. For me it succeeded on both counts!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed here while moving from one place to the other. There are several reasons why I liked this place...

I. Location - No doubt to me that this was the main reason I liked this place so much. You are in a centrally located area near downtown Fort Lauderdale with everything imaginable at a walking distance. Supermarkets, Liquor Stores, Restaurants, City Bus, Beach ( close ), Harbor Mall and many other places.

II. Facility - Large pool hangout area. People socialize there and hang out. They serve breakfast and coffee in the morning. Lobby is also a hangout area of some sort. Kitchen, fridge also available in the lobby.

III. Staff - They were helpful whenever I needed something.

IV. Rooms - I paid for the shared room. $30 plus tax per night. Room fits two people. Nothing out of this world but unbeatable for the price specially around the area this hotel is.

I would definitely stay here again and probably will later on in the future. The price is right and the location is unbeatable. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

For a relaxing weekend near the beach in Ft. Lauderdale after inquiring about rates in a few other hotels in the area we end up with the bridge at Cordova which wasn’t bad at all.

This property isn’t a five star hotel but the owner and his team make it just perfect, free Wi-Fi and our room although simple was very clean and had a microwave, toaster and full size refrigerator.

We will definitely be back to Bridge at Cordova as the room rates and accommodations make for a nice affordable beach escape in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Guayaquil, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've stayed here multiple times when I travel to Fort Lauderdale for business. I picked it because of it's location and proximity to the Lauderdale Beach, and ease of access to the Port and Airport. The rate was right for the room I would consider above average for the price. Had a nice room overlooking the pool area which was very nice and surprisingly quiet considering the proximity to the road. There was a supermarket close by which came in very handy. Plenty of restaurants walking distance. The staff was very helpful with me at all times. Jorge the owner overall has done a great job with his property over the years and always makes me feel at home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Wow, where do we start! We have just stayed at the Hotel for 5 days
before we go on a cruise and have
We arrived late from our flight so our first experience was continental breakfast, that is where we met the morning manager Darren, he was the stand out member of staff who ensured that nothing was too much trouble, you are a credit to this hotel Darren. We had breakfast every morning,

From every aspect the service was great, from breakfast, to Barry who helped us out a few times, (especially the lady who opened the doors with a friendly smile), and to Darren the Assistant Manager!. Ps thank you for the Strawberries with chocolate they were delicious! Finally to our lovely maid Lesbia, the room was always immaculate, thank you!
Wow, where do we start! We have just stayed at the Hotel for 5 days before we go on a cruise and have thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff are very friendly with nothing too much trouble.

So the Bridge at Cordova, we will recommend you to all our friends and family, if others receive the same service we did then you will
be full all the time. We very much look forward to our next visit.
will recommend you to all our friends and family, if others receive the same service we did then you will be full all the time. We very much look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed November 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Any one who has rated this place a good could not have actually been three. This place in really sad. They have family and friends running around making all sorts of noise and doing dumb things. I was asked for. Change 2 times while I was waiting to get the room I was told was going to be ready at 2:30 and wasn't until almost 4.

There were ants in the room, holes in the walls, cracked tiles and the plumbing was all goofed up in the shower. The bed was dirty (had hair in it) and uncomfortable. The pillows were literally like laying on rocks. They don't have deadbolts on the doors and the doors don't even close properly. There was about a 3 inch gap at the top of the door where bugs could get in, I plugged it up with a was cloth.

Overall, I would recommend staying somewhere else even if it's inconvenient to drive farther. I didn't feel safe here at all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
yorkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have an open mind when travelling - this is an honest review. THIS PLACE IS TOTALLY DISGUSTING. ADVISE TO STAY AWAY
Issues being
1. very unclean and dirty from the bathroom, floors, bedding etc etc. slept with sarong on bed and own towel over pillow. i dont mind old bedlinen etc but DIRTY - there is no excuse
2. security is poor - rubbish lock on door, poor lighting, no one seems tocare whom comes and goes
3. public areas also very dirty with rubbish etc. there were two dogs in reception owned by an employee. GET THIS - one of them had VOMITED on the sofa in reception and just left there, not cleaned up in the hour i was there! WTF!
4. the dogs STINK - the reception area was messy, smelly and dirty
5. nowhere safe to store luggage
6. room had infestation of ANTS. told reception and they said they didnt. my partner pointed out they must have known as they had laid out ant traps in the room so staff LIE here too
7. free shuttle - in a beat up bus full of rubbish - hardly professional
the list goes on.........

arrived late, ft lauderdale booked out for boat convention so had no choice to stay the night but NEVER EVER AGAIN! it is not hard to get the basics right - CLEANILNESS! this place should be ashamed to use the word BOUTIQUE and HOTEL. it is neither. i have backpacked across the world paying as little as £2 in fiji for a hostel room that far surpassed the Bridge at Cordova.

this is not an over the top review- and not opinion either, it is the truth.

complained and got $20 refund, or so we thought. receptionist (if u can call her that) swiped cash card twice, took extra $20 herself and then refunded it so actually got no refund at all.

interestingly i have read all the reviews on here since posting mine. bad bad reviews scattered amongst the good, but trust the bad reviews folks they are true. i am interested to see if the manager etc responds as he has to previous bad reviews as all he seems to do is make excuses and attack the reviewer.

now time for a wash as i feel all dirty!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
travelsmartone, Owner at The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
So many people had ask me to respond to this review, as I don't usually do even to the great quantity of people who express their gratitude for our service, and it is because I recognize many of the great reviews are made by the family service that we do and no because our building. My building is old Yes, In this case I have to respond and I tell you why. This couple came in a very special low rate we still give them the same rooms as everyone else, as he came complaining about several things we identify a character of personality that we really we will not like to cater, playing RICH, as he mentioned I need some retribution of what I paid, he was offered 20 dollars discount out of the 75 dollar rate, on top of that we gave them free ride to the Port an additional 12 dollars, 15 dollars free ride from the airport. So you technically paid $25 dollars for your room with breakfast. But my point is this, maybe your upsetness came because you did not tell your companion you were trying to save a lot of money as everyone always wants, but still you were expecting Embassy Suites service. It always happens, I had express my word to the whole world that we are not a fancy hotel or luxury, if you can understand to be in a old key west experience budget facility, check our web page and just use the big hotels next time, we understand our world and we will serve only the people who can not have an opportunity to spend 200 dollars a night.

Been to The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!