Needed a place to rest and kill a few hours between arriving on a cruise and departing at the airport so I was only looking for a cheap but clean place located close to the pier and airport. Let me preface my review by saying the ranking I have given is obviously based on it's positioning as a cost effective place to stay and not based against larger more expensive hotels.
My experience was pretty much the same as most of the other reviewers. The service was very good, the location was excellent, the rooms were clean with ample clean towels, and it was excellent value for the money. As we arrived early from our cruise the manager even did his best to get our room ready earlier than normal and managed to get us checked in an hour early which was great.
The room we had did seem a bit old and dated, reminded me of your standard bachelor room in an older apartment building. But everything was functional and clean which is all I really needed. The beds were definately King size width but they seemed a little short resulting in my feet hanging over the edge (for reference I'm 6'2), but the bed was comfortable and I still was able to fall asleep within minutes of arriving. The only other issue my wife had was the lock on the door and the surrounding door frame didn't seem overly secure and if anyone wanted to get in they wouldn't have to try very hard. She said she didn't feel safe and wouldn't want to stay more than a day here. The room also had a TV (which was working fine), and a fridge & microwave which we never used so we can't comment.
Only other issue we had was our room was on the 2nd floor and as far as I was aware there was no elevator. Lugging three heavy suitcases wasn't a terrible hardship for me but if you were not able to carry your suitcases up about 20 stairs to get to the top you would have been stuck.
Overall I feel you get great value for your money here, the manager was very friendly and helpful, we tried one of the restaurants in the area and it was good pub grub type of food, and the guy who drove us to the airport was very friendly. If you're looking for an inexpensive location central to the pier/airport to layover between cruise/flight days I think this place is good for you, but I'm not sure I would want to spend more than a couple of days.
- Also Known As:
- The Bridge At Cordova Hotel
- The Bridge At Cordova Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Key West experience in Ft Lauderdale.We weekly cater dozens of people coming to the convention center only 8 minutes walking away and people using Port Everglades on their way to cruises who use our property as a bridge; The rooms are spacious with their own bathroom, kitchenette, patio, plasma TV and on top of that breakfast and transportation included. Were are a family small budget hotel with 22 suites with jacuzzi surrounded by 40 restaurants, convenience stores, water taxi, shopping center, all walking distance. The beach is only 8 minutes away by bus, plenty of transportation. Port Everglades is only 4 minutes away and there is a fee of $6.00 per person. It will be a pleasure to prove my word as owner of this property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.