My husband and I stayed here a night before our cruise, and for two nights after we returned. We were picked up at the airport within 15 minutes after we call when we arrived. That is included in the price of the room . Our room was very clean and the towels looked new. Jorge, The owner, is very cheerful and does all the driving, He charges six dollars a person to the cruise terminal for either pick up or delivery, which is half the going rate officially posted at the cruise port terminal.
True, there were things to be desired as far as appointments in the room were concerned. The clothes hangers were few,and certainly not matched sets. In contrast to the new towels and washcloths, the shower curtain was decrepit And there was no bath mat. The plumbing fixtures should be replaced, but the shower functioned perfectly well. It was quiet at night and we slept well.
In the balance, the friendliness of the staff and the basic continental breakfast with excellent orange juice more than offset the lack of other amenities.
Barry, one of the managers, and Tom, another, helped us with the choice of nearby restaurants. The Southport Raw bar was a fun beer joint recommended as one of the best two inFort Lauderdale. Just a block away.
They also recommended taking a water taxi tour of Fort Lauderdale, for $17 a day for seniors. You get on and get off anytime you want, and get to see all sorts of parts of Fort Lauderdale. It will take you all the way down past the best beaches, or the other way into the shopping centers on Las Olas blvd. The endless mansions and enormous yachts viewed are enough to turn one into a full-blown Communist! You can get off in the downtown area and go to the excellent Science and Discovery museum which has an enormous selection of hands-on fun things to do. A simulated Airboat ride through the swamps is an experience not to be missed! And my 80-year-old husband had to be pried out of a simulated pilot seat in the passenger airplane which he was trying endlessly to land.
Two blocks away from the Bridge there is an old-fashioned trolley which cost $.50 per person . It goes to the beaches.
- Also Known As:
- The Bridge At Cordova Hotel
- The Bridge At Cordova Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Key West experience in Ft Lauderdale.We weekly cater dozens of people coming to the convention center only 8 minutes walking away and people using Port Everglades on their way to cruises who use our property as a bridge; The rooms are spacious with their own bathroom, kitchenette, patio, plasma TV and on top of that breakfast and transportation included. Were are a family small budget hotel with 22 suites with jacuzzi surrounded by 40 restaurants, convenience stores, water taxi, shopping center, all walking distance. The beach is only 8 minutes away by bus, plenty of transportation. Port Everglades is only 4 minutes away and there is a fee of $6.00 per person. It will be a pleasure to prove my word as owner of this property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.