“BED BUGS BED BUGS BED BUGS” 1 of 5 stars

You added The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   1441 Cordova Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316   |
Las Vegas, Nevada
“BED BUGS BED BUGS BED BUGS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Worst place I ever stayed..They need to spend some money and refurbish the rooms.I understand your in Flordia and will find a bug once in a while but the bed bugs were so bad my husband had to go to urgent care for a shot and lotion..Our friends were in the next room with the same problem only more floor bugs.How about no plugs in the bathrooms?????Owner very very hostile to criticism and became loud and rude..Got some of our money back when threatened to call Board of Health but not all of it..Who lays by pool with NO LOUNGE CHAIRS!!!!!!Might be good for 18 year olds who stay drunk and cant see..Anyone who writes agood review about this place must be the staff because I was in 3 of their filthy rooms and can't find one good thing to say about the dump....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
travelsmartone, Owner at The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Please Ask Diane why they stayed 6 DAYS with us without no problems, in the six day they went to Key West and decide to move away from our property, they originally booked 2 rooms , we were told that we are responsible, and you did request for a refund, and you were given a refund , we told you to leave, they were paid, no because we did accept it. Bed Bugs are a problem for the society all around the US, we take precautions always in every room, and that's why hundreds and hundreds of people love us, but we cater people coming from all over the world, people from Miami, New York, guest who brings the problems to us. Even at the airport when you sitting close to another person in the plane, in a bus, in a supermarket., anywhere you could get some bug that gets in your clothes and will travel around. Lots of beautiful hotels have had this problems. Maybe on your travel itinerary to us. You could have bring it to us. Certainly I did confront you because I knew you were taking advantage of us, SIX DAYS after you arrival and on top of that you and your friend both rooms who received the refund, both of you place reviews in this source of communication whit the same TITLE, but I am grateful to every person who will understand me and my desires to provide a budget but decent and respectful and family oriented service, not a big hotel, just my place that I call "MY home with a whole bunch of rooms". We are still beloved and we will be love for the right people coming to us, no the ones who abused the system or take advantage of the Famous Phrase " The Client is always right". I do not believe in this when they use their mind to take advantage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Laguna Niguel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I arrived at the Ft. Lauderdale airport after midnight, and called Jorge at the The Bridge at Cordova. Within 10 minutes he picked me up in a very nice van, and delivered me and my lugage to my room for the night, for no charge. The next morning, for only $6, he took me to the cruise terminal. It was all very convenient, and professional, and a pretty good deal. Thank you Jorge. There was another gentleman at the office who was also very helpful, although I can't remember his name. He even gave me a new bottle of water, his own I think, when I asked where I can find some drinking water.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here with my fiancé in a private room and the overall experience was fantastic. The staff were just amazing. Incredibly friendly and always going out of their way to make our stay more enjoyable. Jorge was incredible. Full of great ideas and even drove us to the airport free of charge. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Great little 'family feel hotel! The staff are really helpful and friendly, and very accommodating. Stayed there for a week with friend and liked it so much I went back for another week at the end of my holiday! The rooms are really clean, best we had in Florida. There was fresh linen daily as well as cleaning of the bathroom. Nice facilities, had an awesome pool that was great for an evening swim. Free wifi in the rooms with a modest breakfast served poolside every morning. We hardly used it, but there were cooking facilities with all the pots and pans you could need. Webought a bbq which we used for dinner most nightsand which might still be there. The hotel is about a twenty five minute walk to a perfect beach with loads of public transport links a short walk from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Absolutely terrible customer service and attitude of the staff! We booked a room with a private bathroom. The first night, we were asked if to accommodate another unknown guy!!! Well, he did not show after all. Next morning, we were advised that they would move us to a different room in a very unprofessional directive way. Something like: pack and move! When we tried to resist we were told something like: "You paid less then in other places therefore we can move you if we want. In the new room, the aircond was broken, outlets in the restroom did not work and the toilet broke during the day! Cockroaches in the room! Never never never again!

NOTE: after publishing my feedback on bookingdotcom I received following email from the owner:

"I knew You were going to probe how low you are, Do not worry we will not have you again, your huge corporation did like us, only you cry out loud, what a girl"

:-D

Room Tip: different place
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
travelsmartone, Owner at The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
It has always been who ever has a pen in the hand first will be able to write first from their heart or from their upset minds, It is the true that you came with a large group of people who booked my whole property for the AVRO Convention many of them 9 rooms came the past 2 conventions before you, It is the true that I personally requested you to help us with the first night upgrading you to a large 2 bedroom apartment, you originally booked for a small room with 2 beds, your friend came and in the following date when you were going to the correct room, your friend got upset and belligerent asked me not to dare to do that. And Yes I said no way, you are set for a private room as we agreed as we requested you to help as at our property that was totally full the night before. After that it was your decision to stay or not. And You STAYED for 5 more Days. Right there you certainly used our place because we are very affordable. And when you left you decided to write a bad review of my place as a way of comfort for you mind, By the way do you recall it, that you called me because you did not know that the air conditioner turns on by a switch.
It will always be the same, some people take advantage of this BUDGET location in the right way, and others who are expecting a superior hotel , for the rate you were paying. I do respect all decisions from clientele not to use my facilities and then to the ones who understand my passion for serving the right people, not the ones who use all sources to always win making other pay consequences. We have failed many times and many more have been very successful with hundreds of reviews in our favor and thousands who by word of mouth know my spirit for this industry, I apologize to the world for not being that perfect but then, some come again and slash a reputation by a pen. In conclusion, I will always be ready to serve the folks that recognize a bargain and the home atmosphere we provide here at this venue
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Free shuttle service makes the Bridge a good choice if only for a short stay. Restaurants, markets, & major shopping is close by. Beaches & sun worshipping stuff, not so convenient. Staff is wonderful!!! Hotel is old & shows it. Had a full kitchen with an ancient, full size, refrigerator. Room was clean and bedding was fine. Windows could have used drapes, as there was now way of blocking out the light. Room over the pool area was noisey as the jalousie type windows let in all sounds above a whisper. I would stay again, but probably not for more than one night. Still a good value for the money.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Homestead, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the hotel and we had a wonderful experience Jorge was very nice to us, Jorge was very nice he picked us from the airport carry our bags all the way to our nice and comfy room which o lord we had everything we needed all we were missing was a couple groceries for dinner hehehe, the staff was very helpful, The continental breakfast that they served was good cant complain, had a meal to be grateful for, Met people from all OVER THE WORLD , we stayed there for three nights because we had a cruise coming up shopping center and restaurants were very close by and i will definitely come back and stay with them again. You get what you paid for but they made us feel really comfortable like home, My fiance had made a comment that she would rather stayed there then come back home with me hehehe.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!