Stayed at this hotel for the 3rd time prior to a winter cruise. As usual, found the staff helpful, the rooms clean and breakfast generous.
Unlike previous stays - this time was traveling with elderly parents and 2 sons. We booked the handicap accessible room for my parents. They are not in wheelchairs, but do use walkers and have difficulty with balance and stairs. They were disappointed to see the shower is not a walk-in - but is a regular tub. Although it does have lots of grab bars - still is an issue to navigate the climb into the tub.
My adult sons stayed with us in a suite style room and slept on the sofa bed. I should have booked a room with 2 beds - they were quite uncomfortable on the sofa bed as it was hard and short - so their feet were hanging over the edge. I am not saying this was any fault of the hotel - just would not recommend this arrangement for adults.
As previous trips - we walked down to the german restaurant to eat dinner. The hotel does not provide shuttle service other than to and from the airport. There is a handy strip mall across the street - with liquor store, groceries for those last minute purchases. The shuttle service to the airport is an extra cost provided by a local company - but extremely efficient and less than a taxi. They will also allow you to prepay for the return trip to the airport - highly recommend this as - again - often cheaper than a taxi.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
- Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale
- Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port is located near the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport, Port Everglades Cruise Port & Broward County Convention Center - the perfect choice for a business or leisure stay. The beaches, Shops of Las Olas, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment district, downtown, Museums, Theaters, Malls and a variety of restaurants & local attractions are all within a short drive.The hotel pampers guests daily by serving a complimentary 'Express Start breakfast bar' along with USA Today news. Free high-speed Internet access is available in all guest rooms & suites plus free local calls, microwave/fridge, & coffee maker. The Marina Mile Meeting Room, Express Board Room & business center features high-speed Internet access. Adding to the many guest amenities & services to assure your stay is comfortable & pleasant an exercise room with state-of-the-art equipment, Coin laundry room, and outdoor heated pool in a tropical garden setting are on-site.A complimentary shuttle is available from 5:30 AM to midnight to and from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport. Drop-off transportation to Port Everglades cruise port is available on a complimentary basis. 'A completely non-smoking hotel.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Olotels and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.