We chose Kira-Mar when we had a change to our vacation plans and needed to find a place in Ft. Lauderdale that had units with kitchens. After seeing the reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to give Kira-Mar a try. We were not disappointed at all with our experience. The property is nicely updated and well-maintained, but still has the feel of a mid-century Florida motel. Situated in a residential area a little more than a mile from the beach, the place is not for those who are looking to be in the middle of the action. However, it's an easy drive or bike ride away from the beach (and there are beach chairs and umbrellas for you to borrow). It's also convenient to the restaurants and shops of Las Olas Blvd.
We stayed in room 8 on the second level. It had a nice living and dining area with flat screen TV, a huge bedroom with a large closet and king-sized bed, and a well-equipped kitchen. The room was cleaned every day except Sunday, and we were always provided with fresh beach and bathroom towels. Nice bathroom amenities and a hair dryer are provided.
The daily (except Sunday) continental breakfast served by the pool included pastries, bagels, cereal, yogurt and coffee. Nathalie and Reggie, the managers, are absolutely lovely people who are very accommodating. When I stopped by the office on Saturday afternoon in search of extra toilet paper, Nathalie kindly offered me a couple of extra bagels since the breakfast isn't offered on Sundays.
The pool area is a beautifully landscaped oasis, and has plenty of loungers available. The pool itself is really nice too; a fairly large size given the small size of the hotel. There are also outdoor grills and picnic tables available for guests' use, as well as on-site laundry.
There is a large construction project underway across the street from the property, and they get started pretty early in the morning. This never bothered us (and we could barely hear it from the inside of our unit) but may be problematic for light sleepers who like to sleep late. Also, if you're a fan of hanging out by the pool or on the balcony outside your room, keep some bug spray handy to keep the mosquitoes at bay. Deep Woods Off did the trick for us.
Kira-Mar was a great experience and I hope we get the chance to go back someday. Thanks, Nathalie and Reggie, for a great vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kira-Mar consists of spacious one and two bedroom vacation apartments along with a deep-water marina that can accommodate boats up to forty-eight feet. Each unit has new hardwood floors and island-inspired decor. Traveling for business or pleasure, Kira-Mar is committed to providing each of our guests with superior service and accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Kira-Mar Waterfront Villas & Docks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kira-Mar Waterfront Villas & Docks Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Kira-Mar Waterfront Villas And Docks
- Kira Mar Waterfront Hotel Docks
- Kira Mar Waterfront Motel Docks