“Awesome food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 1,062 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Doing business, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: South Florida's oldest and finest steakhouse, featuring superior cuts of prime rib, filet mignon, Maine lobster, fresh fish, New York strip and other fine specialties. We offer a nice selection of seafood and Italian entrees as well. Tropical Acres is open for banquets, wedding receptions and company events or you can join us for cocktails in our intimate lounge.
West Union, SC
“Awesome food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was the fourth time I have been to this restaurant and I am more impressed each time. Although it was packed for a Saturday night dinner, we only waited in the bar for about 15 minutes (told it would be 35-40). The service was right on point and was only exceeded by the quality and flavor of the meals. It is no wonder they are still doing a tremendous business and have been doing it since 1949....they are awesome.

• Visited November 2013

Boca Raton, Florida
“Lots of Average Food for An Average Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Especially on the Early Bird Special, an incredible quantity of food for a reasonable price. I would prefer to pay more for better quality, but this is a favorite Florida steakhouse for lots of people. Wine is reasonably priced, and service is decent to quite good, depending on the waiter. As long as you know what to expect, you won't be disappointed. Lots of average food for an average price.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale
“Another great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

If you haven't had a chance to visit Tropical Acres, think about visiting during happy hour. They have great bar specials and Tommy the bartender treats his guests like royalty. Have some $5 snacks then head to the dining room for a fabulous dinner.

• Visited October 2013
Leesburg, Florida
“60 years It's Still great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was 2 or 3 years of age when I first went to Tropical Acres. I lived about 5 miles away in Davie. It is still owned by the same family.

Took some friends to the area so that they would embark on a cruise. I was shocked to learn the place was still in business, so we made a reservation. Learned they had a fire several years about and they had to rebuild. Boy, am I glad they did.

OK it looks right out of 1950, I loved it!!!!!

I had the Filet mignon, as did the other guy. The ladies both had grouper.
All 4 meals top drawer!!!
Our waiter was from SE Asia, Thailand as I remember. One of the BEST waiters EVER. He has been there many years as well as the other staff. The lady that worked with him as ever bit as good. Get this, We all gave him a hug on leaving!!!! Need I say more???!!!
The bar is wonderful, looks like Ricks.

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
“Ft. Lauderdale retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Tropical Acres was recommended by the desk clerk at the Fairfield in. They gave me a card for a free glass of wine too. I felt like I stepped back into a time machine when I went to the dining room complete with piano and mirror over the stage. Once I filed the retro look away and resigned myself to listing to lounge act piano music (wasn't bad but it was retro), I enjoyed myself.

I ordered the prime rib which was recommended and wasn't disappointed at all. Baked potato, escargot and Key lime pie. The pie was absolutely the best I have had and I eat a lot of key lime pie. Tropical acres although dated was really good. Service was great as well. The only complaint I can register is that the mixed drink I had when I got there was rather weak. Noticeably weak. Stay with the wine. the G and T was not worth it and I really could have used a stiff cocktail. Enjoy. I did.

Visited November 2013