“Best Steak for the Price” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 1,122 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: South Florida's oldest and finest steakhouse, featuring superior cuts of prime rib, filet mignon, Maine lobster, fresh fish, New York strip and other fine specialties. We offer a nice selection of seafood and Italian entrees as well. Tropical Acres is open for banquets, wedding receptions and company events or you can join us for cocktails in our intimate lounge.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Best Steak for the Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great steaks at a very reasonable price. I typically dine at the bar area without having to wait for a table. Bartenders Sharon and Tommy are a great team and can sell me anything on the menu if I wasn't able to get full. Best kept secret in SoFla. I'll definitely be back.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Dining, and the Lounge is a 'Do not miss'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Besides the great food and excellent staff the Lounge/Bar also offers a wonderful atmosphere and Tommy is about the best bar tender you could ever find. We missed him last week. We visit and dine as often as we can. We are thankful for the uniqueness of Tropical Acres and they make you feel like part of their family.

Weston, Florida
“Tropical Acres...Does it again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

OK, 100 + and counting. That is the number of times I could give TA the thumbs way up. Every time we go it gets better. The service from the owners and staff never ceases to impress. We went with a group of 17 people a couple of weeks ago and the Kudos keep on coming for recommending Tropical Acres. We had a blast. The food was incredible. Sorry to the other patrons that had to endure our "sing alongs" to the piano player. Next time we'll request songs we actually know the words to. See you soon and enjoy.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Michael G, General Manager at Tropical Acres Restaurant, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hi John, Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We are happy to hear that your group had an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you and your friends back in the near future. Have a great week!

Best Regards,
Michael Greenlaw
Tropical Acres Steakhouse
4th Generation Management
Michael@TropicalAcres.com
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not worth the $$$”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Maybe I was expecting too much from the reviews, but we found this establishment to be laughable and a HUGE waste of money. It was close to our hotel and after reading some of the reviews we thought we found a jewel in the rough. Right off the bat it wasn't good. We waited 10 mins for a waitress to come to our table after being sat, despite several serving other tables right next to us. It was almost like we were invisible. Finally someone noticed and had someone come greet us and gave us a complimentary appetizer. The first waitress took our drink order but that was it as shortly after another woman appeared as our waitress. I am a steak lover so I was excited to see their steak menu and claims to have a good steak. I ordered a steak and it tasted like something I would have gotten at Ryan's Steakhouse or the old Quincey's. I didn't even finish my steak, I couldn't take the horrible taste and it was tough to chew. To be completely honest, none of the food was of good quality. The service was below average and overall our experience here was poor. In my opinion it was a total waste of money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, FL
“Good steakhouse & lounge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place is a blast from the past with a piano lounge atmosphere, but updated. The steaks and other food were excellent. Servers were pros. Value was comparable. Far better than chain restaurants. The owner is there and makes sure customers are pleased. Highly recommend

Visited August 2013