“Hopefully they'll work out the bugs...” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Hopefully they'll work out the bugs...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

A group of 4 of us went on Dec. Sat. night with groupon - arrived around 7pm and restaurant was not at capacity but it took at least 15 minutes for someone to stop by for drink order. There seemed to be tension in the room between various waiters and also with the kitchen - with some yelling as waiters crossed the threshold from dining room to kitchen and cross words exchanged in the dining room - a bit of Gallic drama to add to Parisian ambience perhaps? It was definitely a floor show... The service seemed to get better, ironically, as the room filled up but there were many tables where diners looked longingly and gesticulated towards servers to place orders, have their water refilled, refill empty bread baskets etc. only to have waiters charge forward across the room not bothering to acknowledge their pitiful patrons. You may have to perform a dining room tackle to get some attention here.

Food was tasty and reasonably priced and quite good with one exception - I ordered filet of sole which was swimming in a flavorful white sauce which I enjoyed - however I became extremely sick, stomach roiling, about one hour later - VERY sick. I did not have an appetizer or dessert and I don't think it was the accompanying potatoes or green beans. There was also a jarring note as my fellow diners finished their quite delicious desserts. A man in uniform entered the dining room carrying what appeared to be a canister with a flame thrower. But alas, this was not a cooking implement - he was an exterminator being led back to the kitchen by a waiter... we made our exit soon after and I don't think we'll be going back.

Oh and for those that do go, on a happier note - parking lot is metered but I was told very firmly and gruffly when I asked for change for meters that it is free at night.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Boca Raton
“Pleasant experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We purchased a Groupon for this restaurant & would consider going back. My husband did not like his chicken livers crepe (chicken livers were tough), he would consider trying something different. However, I did enjoy the scallop crepe. The restaurant was empty when we got there at 5:20 on a Saturday. We sat outside because the weather was beautiful & the waiter was extremely nice & attentive. The ambiance inside was a dimly lit, romantic room. The two waiters on that night were both extremely nice.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Authentic French Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This restaurant will get you to love French food! We have eaten there three times in the last month and were always very pleased, especially with the crepe with scallops and mushrooms. The french bread is the best I ever tasted. The service was great. We enjoyed an excellent reisling. Our experience was completely positive and we will visit on a regular basis. I almost forgot to mention the french onion soup which was outstanding.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
The Villages, Florida
“A little piece of Paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Nice little restaurant. The quiche lorraine was very good as was the crepe with sausage, apples and swiss cheese.
My only complaint was that I had to ask for water twice and there weren't that many customers as we eat early.

Visited August 2012
Key Colony Beach, Florida
“Wonderful little French Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stumbled upon this cafe while checking out the neighborhood around our hotel Il Lugano. Our frienly waiter suggested the Veal Francais and the Chicken Curry,and a carafe of the House Cheblis. The veal was fabulous. I can't
remember a sauce that was so fresh and flavorful that we needed another basket of bread to dunk and enjoy. The Curry
was light and we both cleaned our plates. When I told the waiter
that it was my husband's birthday , a candle appeared in his
Rasberry Sorbet , which was the best I have ever had.
My crepe was the size of a dinner plate with fresh strawberries
bananas and whipped cream I'd drive back Ft Lauderdale for
the dessert. The owner came out to chat . What a great little
cafe. I give it 5 stars . Affordable unpretentious. and plenty of
parking - treat yourself soon !!

Visited August 2012