The free shuttle picked us up at the airport very quickly. W arrived at the hotel and were pleasantly surprised at how nice the lobby appeared. Based on the reviews we had read we were expecting a lot worse. WE were checked ine arly without a problem and then went to our rooms. THIS IS WHERE THE BAD REVIEWS COME FROM. We had a room at the very back of the complex, which was not a problem for us , but it was a long walk with a lot of luggage and those with mobility issues would not have faired well. The door to our room was an interior door that they had used as the exterior door. It provided no security, could have easily been knocked down..and we were at the back of the building facing an empty parking lot. THere was a GAP in the door, and I ould see to the outside. The curtains didn't close all the way and people could see in to our room from the outside at any given time. The carpets were dirty and sticky. The bedding had holes in it, and I found hairs on the beds, and in the bathroom that were obvious and should have been cleaned before we arrived. The bathroom fixtures were loose, they rattled and were hard to turn on because they would detach from the wall/counter. THe shower was old, worn, dirty, mouldy and had poor water pressure. The temperature would instantly turn to scalding HOT with no warning, then back to normal, then to ICE cold, then repeat. THe shower head was mounted so low that I do not think anyone taller than 5'5 can use it comfortably. THe towels were worn and I suspect were not laundered after teh last guests checked out.
So, to sum it up, the free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port was a nice bonus. THe front desk was polite and helpful. The hotel lobby and common areas were clean and looked decent. BUT the room was the armpit of humanity.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Airport-Cruise Port Fort Lauderdale Hotel
- Ramada Airport-Cruise Port Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ramada Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1.5 miles from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and 2 miles from Port Everglades Cruise Port. This hotel also provides free shuttle service to and from The Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, Port Everglades Cruise Port, and the Broward County Convention center. Pre and Post Port of Miami Cruise Packages, with ground transportation, are also available.This Full Service Ramada provides amenities such as a Free Continental Breakfast Buffet, High Speed Wireless Internet Access, Meeting/Banquet Facilities and Two Full Service restaurants with room service, a Pub and Poolside Tiki Bar. No pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Wyndham, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.