“Delicious late-night/lunch neighborhood sandwich/pizza joint” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Primanti Brothers Restaurant

Primanti Brothers Restaurant
901 N Atlantic Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304-3310 (Central Beach)
(954) 565-0605
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Coral Gables, Florida
“Delicious late-night/lunch neighborhood sandwich/pizza joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Primanti bros was started in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania some 50+ years ago. The idea behind their sandwich was that the steel workers needed something hearty to eat on lunch break but didn't have the time for a sit down meal so primanti put the slaw and fried on a sandwich and the legend was born. I hear primanti bros pizza is good but I'm from Pennsylvania and my belief is that when you go to primanti you NEED to get the sandwiches. The pittsburgher is a great sandwich. I also really like the bacon egg cheese. This is a great drunk-food/late-night spot too. And it's not expensive at all. I highly recommend!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Quebec
“Great little place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were recently in Fort Lauderdale and dropped in here for a bite. It's truly a family-run restaurant, with quite a wide variety of menu choices. I had one of their famous sandwiches - which usually have the fries and coleslaw inside the sandwich. However, I asked if I could have them on the side and there was no problem. The sandwich was really good (turkey/cheese) and so big, I took 1/2 back to the hotel with me (two meals for the price of one!!).
We also stopped for breakfast one day and it did not disappoint either. My husband had a full breakfast - eggs, sausage, home fries, etc. - all good. Although I only chose cereal and an English muffin, it was just what I needed too. All in all - nice place, nice people. p.s. they are also open 24 hours a day in this location.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Sandwichs sound better then they are stick with pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The pizza was great so i was excited to try the sandwichs.Boy was I disappointed.The sandwich was short on meat and cheese and heavy on dry flavorless coleslaw.Bread taste like the fake italian bread you buy in the supermarket.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania, USA
“It's ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Being from Pa, we've eaten at the original Primanti Brothers and wanted to experience this one. First, it's nothing like the original, the only thing the same is the name. It's very small with a handful of tables. It's on a corner in kind of a seedy touristy area. It's really meant to be a take-out, and they seem to be more noted for the pizza than the sandwich. Since I was in the mood for pizza, we gave it a try. A slice is a little larger than most you get today, but nothing like the size of Jersey shore pizza shops. It was good, but not great; the sauce needs a little more seasoning and a little more cheese. Sorry, but I can't comment on the sandwich, I didn't get one and didn't even see one since none were ordered in the time we were there.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“Stopped in for a slice of pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I would rate it good but not very good, the sauce was a bit on the salty side and the counter person could hae been a bit friendlier. It's not the NY slice that I know but it's the best in the area

Visited February 2013