“A surprisingly superb experience” 5 of 5 stars

954-615-1431
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sublime Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 1,123 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Vegan
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: between Sunrise and Oakland
westford
“A surprisingly superb experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Quick trip to Florida, met up with high school friend who recommended a "vegan" restaurant. I didn't care where we ate, just happy to be together. Well, what an experience. Four of us walked into the restaurant and it had this incredible calmness about it. The wall waterfall, the central bar, some tables and some booths but just done perfectly. Because they ate there often, they offered to pick the appetizers, we loved the cauliflower fritto misto. I had mushroom ravioli which were fantastic. Everyone loved their meals and the service was great. The owner showed up to see that we were pleased; which we were.

Wine prices matched Boston, unlike most Florida restaurants, and the glass was only 1/3 full, no matter..I'd go back to this wonderful restaurant with pleasure. A great experience and how do they make vegan food so good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Came in skeptical, left very pleased! No meat here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife, for health reasons, has changed her eating lifestyle. I am supportive but was wondering how the food would be. I can only say that the food was very tasty, well presented and had excellent flavor. I left satisfied and felt as if I had left any other restaurant except feeling good and not feeling bad. The mojito is excellent as is the coconut cake. All organic! The main course is excellent no matter what you have. Can't believe a dish, sorry I forget the name, taste like and has the texture of chicken. It is NOT chicken. The mushroom ravioli is perfect. Make reservations since it does get packed. Tells you something. A lot of people like it! By the way; get the collard flower appetizer! It is to die for!

Lawrence, KS
“Quality dining that just happens to be vegetarian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Although I'm a flexitarian, I usually prefer vegetarian or vegan restaurants when traveling because they tend to have exciting and exotic twists on the everyday fare. Since they cater to more of a hippie and granola clientele, they are more reminiscent of hole in the wall rather than fine dining.

Sublime breaks the rules by using an entirely vegan menu along with fine dining. This is the type of place you can take someone on that first date or job interview yet still not feel completely awkward if you did show up in Birkenstocks and cut off jeans (but seriously, take a shower first).

Besides just being vegan, items are sourced using local organic and sustainable principles an organic items are clearly mark on the menu. Although the beer list included no items on tap, the selection was all microwbrews and emphasized local and organ selections. Similarly, the wine list had an excellent variety of wines by the glass and bottle. I opted for a mojito, after being convinced by the bartender they had the best one in the area. Since I hadn't tried all the mojitos in town I can't confirm his claim, but it was nonetheless excellent.

The menu included both vegetable focuses dishes as well as "mock" foods such as Philly cheese steak. I ordered the artichoke quiche with kale side salad after hearing the person across the bar say it was wonderful and the person next to me also suggested it. While waiting, we all had a compelling conversation about genetically modified organisms and the evils of soybeans and Monsanto. Occasionally the bartender chimed in how the chefs try to include other vegetarian ingredients such as cashew cheese, almonds, and coconut so that way the dishes weren't all soy equivalents of cheese, egg, and milk. The pace of the meal was leisurely and gave us all time to chat. This isn't fast food.

Back to the food though. While waiting, a server brought out a slice of pesto polenta. Without cheese the slice was a great appetizer preparing for my main course: the Tuscan Quiche. Vibrant green kale was mixed with red peppers for the side salad and the quiche was dense and quite very filing. The quiche crust was flaky despite not being made with butter. A small slice went a long way and combined with the kale salad it was a nutritional powerhouse. The tofu base was a great palate for the artichoke and other vegetables.

Despite my initial objections against dessert, my impromptu dining companion at the bar ( and my newfound sister in the struggle against large corporate farming) convinced me to order their signature chocolate dish: Chocolate Nirvana. Nirvana indeed. Wow! Although completely vegan, the buttercream frosting was amazing. The cake was rich and dense and didn't suffer from the dry and crumbly texture I've found in poorly implanted vegan cakes. Without eggs, it's hard to keep it all together, but the was perfectly executed.

All this goodness does come at a price. Dishes range from $12 to $21, but quality food purchased ethically pays off in the end, and pricing was consistent with quality dining in the area

Be prepared for fine dining, fine good, and fine conversation all provided in a way that protects and enhances our biodiversity. I regret not finding this place sooner.

Overall, it was one of the most unique and enjoyable dining experience I've ever had and as you can see by my reviews I'm a major foodie.

• Visited October 2012
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Vegan Haute Cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a surprising gem! The friendly staff make you feel welcome and will help you choose from their extensive and enticing menu. Please try the Frito Misto! It is SO delicious! Highly recommended by everyone in our party.

• Visited December 2012
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This restaurant is amazing! This was a first time visit for our family and we loved it! Definitely a first class restaurant for not only vegans but everyone! Great food, service, and atmosphere. The owner, Nanci, does a nice job of visiting each table and makes you feel very welcomed. We also ordered the fried tempura cauliflower appetizer and devoured it. Have never eaten something like this before! We will definitely revisit this restaurant again, with or without our vegan daughter.