“Awesome Anniversary” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Lauderdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,126 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cooper City
“Awesome Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

With a backdrop of a warm,beautiful Saturday evening (2/22/2104), my wife and I arrived at Ruth' Chris in Fort Lauderdale. Promptly seated, (reservations are basically mandatory) our waiter/server "Kurt" greeted us with his animated smile.......and bid us his congratulations.....table was set with rose petals...and an anniversary card....... A short bio, re: dining experiences....My wife and I have had the good fortune of dining in many restaurants from Europe to Mexico, the contiguous US to Hawaii....... as well as a unique dining experience on a Mediterranean cruise......Folks, the melding of unequaled service with superbly prepared fare at Ruth's Chris stands as a testament to what a well managed,knowledgeable,thoughtful and professional restaurant is able to achieve....Simply, every aspect of the dining experience was truly fantastic....From the appetizers to the entrees : steaks, side dishes, wine, cocktails.....and desserts.......It simply doesn't get any better than this. The evening was memorable for two reasons ; celebration of our 37th wedding anniversary and...... a dining experience that won't be forgotten.....Kudos to all at Ruth's Chris

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Delray Beach Fl.
“Creme De La Creme”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

After working in N Y C for over 40 yrs, I have dined in some very fine restaurants. It wasn`t until we had dinner at Ruth`s Chris Steak House in Ft. Lauderdale Fl. that I was able to find something comparable. When I made the reservation I was asked if this was a special occasion and in fact it was my in laws 64th wedding anniversary. Our server was very helpful and made some changes we requested from the menu. The steak just melted in your mouth. The sides were equally tasteful and shared around the table. My in laws said it was the best meal they have had in a long while. I thought it was the finest meal I`ve had in the 11 years I`m here full time. For special occasions , nothing can come close. And yes the dessert was yummy with fudge cake and ice cream.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ehingen
“same superb quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

perfect service, perfect steaks, good prices,
we had a reservation in the more elegant part of the restaurant
but when we came we were seated in the not so nice part on the right side. anyway we will go there again.

Visited January 2014
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
“Ruth's Chris Ft Lauderdale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Amazing dinner with friends... The staff is great, the food is great, the bar is fully stocked and I love this place... Great Dining experience

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Key West, FL
“Never Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I've only been to one other RC and that was in Savannah so I can't help but compare the two - there is no comparison. Savannah is hands down a much better restaurant. Onto this review. I booked a resie on OpenTable. RC called day of resie to confirm. I thought this strange because there is a reason to book online - no need to talk to the restaurant. Because I was driving from a distance, later on I changed it via OpenTable. No problem until we got there. They were not genuine when greeting us, but we decided to go into the bar for a cocktail. The bartender was distant but knew her stuff. Upon seating us, the waiter Rob was very friendly, sweet and professional. We could tell he wasn't from the area and not jaded. Our food arrived quickly and my husbands steak was perfect. Mine was a tad overdone but not worth making a fuss and sending back, it was very tender and tasty. We had a later resie so in the middle of our dinner the restaurant cleared out and the staff was clearing and cleaning tables on Florida time (Floridians are generally a more relaxed group), but they were all working. I happen to see a couple waiting for a table and they got frustrated and left because they weren't being seated even though there were a couple clean and set tables. That's where it hit the fan. The hostess and, I assume, the manager went ballistic. They got pissed off at the staff and proceeded into the dining room to scold them in front of the diners. They didn't do this once or twice, it kept on. It was like the two ladies were tag teaming the staff. In this diners opinion, it was of no fault of the staff but the hottest and manager on duty. They were completely unprofessional interrupting our diner. I did not take my husband out and spend our hard earned money to experience their ineffective management style. The decor itself was very old and grungy compared to Savannah. I was shocked given my first RC experience. BTW, the valet was very friendly. I will not be back to RC in FLL. This review is getting 2 stars, one for the bartender and the other for our waiter & kitchen staff.

Visited January 2014