“Elegant dining” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Lauderdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 1,064 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Pembroke Pines
“Elegant dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband surprised me with reservations to celebrate my Birthday. Our table was beautifully decorated with confetti and a happy birthday card. The staff was outstanding in providing great customer service. The food was fantastic! I had the filet and it was deliciously seasoned to perfection. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013

Hollywood, Florida
“Flawless dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Celebrated my birthday and my wife surprised me with Ruth Chris. GM Richard greeted us upon arrival and made us feel at home. We can see why the place runs so well as he greeted us a couple times in the past and always excellent experiences. They did some nice touches to make us feel special. Osso Bucco Ravioli was devoured as well as the Escargot, Gumbo and Tomato & Onion salad appetizers. Steaks were outstanding and I must say one of the best I have had (16 oz Prime NY Strip), au poivre sauce on the side. My family had filets, kids chicken and my wife had the seared Halibut with crabment that she said was the best fish she has ever had. Our servers Tony and Vlad were extremely friendly, attentive and professional. From the valet to the busser, hostess and management, a Flawless dinner. While we have only dined there a few times over the years, it is worth driving to this location because the food is always consistent and the service impeccable. Be sure to call ahead for a reservation if you are celebrating something. They do it right and look forward to another visit soon. Oh, and dessert... Apple torte, chocolate explosion and cheese cake crème brulee...nothing left on the plates when we left! Just perfect.

• Visited July 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
“Disappointing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I ordered the rib eye medium well but it came "well well done" and tasted like cardboard. NO taste at all. I love good steak and enjoyed like every night on a trip to Wyoming. My husband and I were dressed country club casual, no jacket, and I was so disappointed to see people come in looking honestly like they had not even taken a shower. Baggy shorts and baseball caps. I am sure management hates that also. It is perfectly lovely inside. The Caesar salad was good. The female waiter relentlessly pushed me to order a more expensive glass of red wine, although I did not ask for her recommendation. I would not go back. HOWEVER, it was our anniversary, and everyone mentioned it, and they even took a photo of us and gave it to us.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious. Combo specials are nice addition.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I love Ruths' Chris. I always find the food delicious, service outstanding and wine very good. I was pleased to see they had a special menu. A prix fixe 3-course Classics menu. Appetizer, entree with side and dessert. Although it took away from the "extravagance" I usually feel when I dine here, it was a great value. Food was great, good portions and service was fantastic. You could upgrade certain parts of the meal, too. I had lobster bisque and surf and turf. Husband had wedge salad and filet.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best food! Awesome Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

After recently eating at Ruth's Chris Ft. Lauderdale I must say I am not only impressed, but proud to say this cuisine can be found in Ft. Lauderdale! I started off in the bar with my friend and had the Blueberry Mojito, it was very good and not too sweet. The bar staff was attentive and when we were finished we were sat in the main dining room. I enjoyed the Lamb Chops with mint jelly and some Escargot. My server was funny and kept us laughing the whole night. I also liked how the manager came up and asked us about our time. It was a memorable night.

• Visited June 2013