“Affordable Sushi” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Affordable Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I like this place. It's kind of a hole in the wall but the food is good and the staff is all business. I like their robbie appetizer and holiday roll. Good shrimp shumai. Great steak teriyaki. Salad and soups are very reasonably priced. If you like sushi and want to be satisfied but aren't looking for fancy decor try this place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Coral Gables, Florida
“Unique and Different Sushi Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I love Sushi and always try to find new places which have the best fish. Recently I came across a Zagat rated sushi restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. The restaurant is very clean and the sushi is out of this world. One of my particular favorites is the Holly Day Roll 2 which has salmon, along with a multitude of other ingredients. On top of it is fresh shredded tuna along with some of their special sauces which makes this particular dish a sushi lover's delight.
Now, if you're not into sushi rolls, they have a large menu with a variety of other types of sushi and sashimi dishes along with some traditional Asian food which do not contain fish. The chicken yaki soba is very good if you're not in the mood for something more conventional. This place is very popular with locals.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Very good quality Sushi Rolls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

For a Wednesday night Tokyo Sushi was very busy, not only with tourist but also with lots of locals, ordering in and to go. It is well located, near the beach and also close to Fort Lauderdale’s airport. The quality of the sushi rolls was excellent, the service was quick and the atmosphere very warm. We definitely will return.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Nice Quality Meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in Fort Lauderdale for a couple of night and decided to give Tokyo Sushi a try after driving by a couple of times. I found the sushi to be very good quality at a very reasonable price. I was not crazy about the Spicy Tuna roll, but I think it had more to do with me preferring traditional rolls rather than rolls wrapped inside out. The JB roll I ordered was delicious and the fish was extremely fresh on both rolls. They seemed to have a good selection of specialty rolls but I decided to go with the basics on this trip. There ambience and atmosphere is average, and I found the service to be of good quality, nothing extraordinary. I would recommend this restaurant if you want a quality sushi meal at a good price, however, I would steer away if you are looking for a nice night out or a special occasion because restaurant could get crowded and noisy. I would eat here again.

“Inventive sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Coming to Tokyo Sushi made me realize that we've been in a sushi rut. Same places, same sushi. This was great. It felt fresh. New, creative and delicious rolls. Not inexpensive. We chose three rolls and also the chicken yaki soba. The yaki soba was great, more authentic than other places we've tried. The sushi was very good, different. We tried a different sushi restaurant a couple weeks ago and were disappointed. This experience was the opposite. We liked it and look forward to returning next time we go to Ft Lauderdale.
The tables were full but the wait on our order was not long. Everyone seemed happy with their orders and it was fun seeing what everyone else was getting.
Nothing much to look at, it's located in a strip mall close to the cruiseport. No view, except for the satified grins on the faces of the guests.

Visited August 2012