“Always a winner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casablanca Cafe

Casablanca Cafe
3049 Alhambra St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304-4307 (Central Beach)
954-764-3500
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Central Beach
“Always a winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Wait help and staff are always so nice here. Hostess gave us a primo seat up stairs on porch overlooking the beach, nice breeze and shady. We love the lamb pita sandwich with sauteed onions . It is overstuffed accompanied with the best waffle sweet potato fries I have ever tasted. They also have great fish tacos. Always stop here when in Fort Lauderdale, its the best...

• Visited July 2014

Coral Springs, Florida, United States
“A pleasant surprise awaited us!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival at a local resort, an employee suggested this restaurant for dinner. I was pleasantly surprised! Although it was packed with patrons, the service was expeditious & impeccable. I had the salmon, and it had been prepared PERFECTLY by their talented chef.
This is a definite MUST if you are in the area! Kudos to the staff!

• Visited July 2014
Little Falls, Minnesota
“Good food, good happy hour, nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I enjoyed my time spent at the bar at Casablanca Cafe, where I enjoyed the beach view while sampling the happy hour fare and later over dinner. The gator appetizer was very good. I had a seafood dish that was good but not great. The beer selection is basically pretty weak and the bartenders don't know the difference between an ale and a lager. If you are driving you can park in the cafe's dedicated lot, but it will cost you $5. Metered on-street parking is a couple of blocks away.

The locals were very friendly. Travelers should note however that Casablanca Cafe is known as a gay bar -- not a fact that seems well publicized in the reviews that I read. Anyway I'd be back even though I'm straight. Good place, good times!

Visited June 2014
La Paz, Bolivia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We went for a late lunch. Lived the choices on the menu. Something to please everyone in the group, even the fussiest eater. Everyone loved their meals. Very well presented and good service. Nice view of the ocean.we would go back, just wish we found it sooner.

Visited July 2014
Delray Beach, Florida
“One of my favorite restaurants in South Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

After living in South Florida for 5 years and sampling an array of restaurants (from dives to fancypants), Casablanca Cafe stands out as probably my second favorite restaurant (second to Food Shack in Jupiter, FL).
Pros: Everyone I have taken here loves the food, even my extremely picky Italian grandparents. The Crab Crusted Mahi Mahi is one of my favorite meals of all of South Florida. The ambiance is cute and comfortable for lunch and dinner, with a nice balance of casual and elegant. You are right near the main strip of A1A right across the street from the beach. On certain days, piano accompaniment adds a nice element as well.
Cons: Nearly every time I went, the service was great; however, a couple of times the server took a very long time to even take our order and then nearly ignored our table the rest of the night. Could be luck of the draw, I guess. The restaurant is on a corner and cars driving by take away a bit from the ambiance if you are seated outside. On weekends it can get very busy and loud.

Overall, I'd say it is a must while in the Fort Lauderdale area.

• Visited March 2014