“SCAN ARTISTS - RIP OFF” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #84 of 121 activities in Fort Lauderdale
Miami, Florida
“SCAN ARTISTS - RIP OFF”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I attempted to purchase a "Flyboard Experience" with this company through Living Social and Amazon Local. After just a few months, it was a bait and switch and my voucher was "worthless" (exact words of the owner on the phone). The only way to have an "experience" was to pay more than double the original amount. The owner then got into a screaming match with me and threatened to call the police on me if I showed up and protested their unethical business practices. They now claim they are "happy" to provide the service to me, because they refuse to give even a partial refund. This is an exceptionally dangerous activity (read the waiver form) and for my safety, I cannot participate with an owner who: 1. refuses to provide the service without a 100% markup; 2. will call the police when I show up. The owner later offered to refund $85 of my service (I paid $135). To date, they refuse all phone calls and emails. The owner stated that he "lost a lot of money" on his Living Social deal and has kept my $135 payment and provided ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT SCREAMING, THREATS, AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. BEWARE THIS BUSINESS: UNETHICAL, DISHONEST, AND NASTY TO DEAL WITH.

Visited April 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Had a great time Flyboarding with them!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I went out last weekend and flew for 1 hour. Like the other reviewer said it was very easy to learn and I was up with in 10 minutes! When I was there people of all ages were getting out of the water and everyone who went out was able to get up, simply amazing! I had a great time and can not wait to do it again!

Visited June 2013
Caro, MI
24 attraction reviews
“Learn to fly standing up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had seen this on TV and always wanted to try it. This was the perfect location. The staff was very professional and did everything they could to help. There is a short learning curve to getting the feel of the fly board. I did it without the arm tubes as the staff said that it was easier to learn to get up without them. How high you fly depends on the jet ski driver. He controls to power to the fly board, all you have to do is stand straight and go up. I watched others prior to my turn. Only one young girl had trouble getting up. All the others were able to stand and get up in the air. I had some good falls but nothing like those I have had kite boarding. By the end of the hour we had started learning some tricks. This is lots of fun and a great test of your balance. I will try this again sometime.

Visited June 2013