“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Miami
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I'm not sure what the other two reviewers are talking about. I had a great experience at The Whole Enchilada. It was actually 8 of us. The food came out correct and freeeesh! The service was great and I love the atmosphere with the recycled barn wood look. I have since visited a hand full of times and am glad to report that they serve up what I would consider the best Mexican food in South Florida. Check them out.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“"Copy Cat" Bus flat tire!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We have seen this place before but this "copy cat" is by far the worst! Over priced just like the rest but this one goes out of there way to make sure they stand out with dried up beans and a special burrito that reads green chile pork burrito now you would think this would be awesome green chiles pork perfect Mexican fair well turns out its a tortilla stuffed with pork then smothered with velvet cheese sauce with a few pieces of canned green chiles! Stay away stay away not worth the same things you find at the rest of the chipotle copycats at least some of them you might find something you can eat!
Look I'm from Mexico and soon I will show everyone that you can make good authentic Mexican food for an affordable price you just can't make it text mex my place will be for real Mexican food lovers that won't have to travel to mexico. Tortillas beans etc cost very little $10 for a burrito that is horrible has to stop. Anyway hope I have saved you the time of disappointing yourself and family

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Bad Food and Bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I know the place has only been open for a few weeks but that is no excuse for what we experienced last weekend. While the staff was trying to do a good job, they failed. My partner got the worng order and the table next to us got the wrong order three times. He ordered shrimp and got chicken each time.
The food is bland with very little seasoning. There is no salt in anything. My black beans were cold and tasted like they came out of a can. The rice was stickly and had no flavor. The chips tasted oily. The condiments they had on sort of a self serve bar were also poor quality. The salsa was soft and mushy and had no flavor.
Someone at a table near us said "Where is Gorden Ramsey! We need him to come here."

Maybe they will improve with time but we will not go back to find out.

• Visited September 2012