“Great Place,Drinks,Music,Food” 4 of 5 stars

+1 954-767-0222
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 401 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #158 of 1,062 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Las Olas and SE 5th Ave.
Transit: The Las Olas trolley run up and down Las Olas Boulevard during the day and evening.
BERGEN COUNTY,N.J.
“Great Place,Drinks,Music,Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stopped here for a happy hour,before dinner drink and had a fabulous time.Great music blaring,an excellent staff with a bartender that made a great dirty martini.We ended up having appetizers here ,blew off dinner and watched the Heat game here by the bar before leaving after 11 PM.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I think this place is awesome. Check out their happy hours. It gets crowded, good people watching place. Location is perfect, right on Las Olas.
Food is yammy, drinks are well made. The best is service. Everyone is super nice, professional and accommodating.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“How could this restaurant be #98!!!!! It should be number 1!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Let's start with the staff-
Young, pretty and with great customer service. We were in time and they sat us right away - party of six.

Server- happy, good energy and quick to please. Didn't get the gentleman's name but he had a blonde shadowing his every move.

Drinks- Strawberry Martini - wow!

Appetizers - OMG - the fritters !!! Order them - the spinach dip was wonderful too.

Soup - crab bisque!!! Order it!!!! Full of lumps if crab.

Dinner - the Sea Bass!!!! Yum!

Cappuccino - excellent end to a wonderful meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Great Food/Awesome Vibe - Service was Ehhh....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were in Ft Lauderdale staying at the marriot harbor beach this past Saturday and this place was recommend by the concierge. Grille 401 (as others have stated) has a great vibe. Fun upbeat music being played by the DJ near the front door gave off some great energy. The outside tables were nice and the bar area looked pretty cool too. We were seated at a booth for 2 and it was a perfect table. Sometimes smaller booths have little table space but this was not the case here.

We ordered 2 apps which were the crab fritters and the spinach and artichoke dip. Both were very good. The fritters were different but a must try. My GF said her dip was good especially the chips. For entrees she got the filet and I got the sea bass. The filet was good ( I had half of hers) and the fish was amazing. It was probably the best piece of fish I have ever had. This dish as a whole was so so (small portion and side werent the best) but the fish and sauce were perfect.

Now for the service. Usually I only really care about the food being good and my drink being filled. I got 50% of my wish. For some reason our waiter would not refill my ice tea or water. He would walk by every couple of minutes and just look and keep walking. Dont get me wrong he was a really nice guy and he seemed busy but some things are service 101 and they were missed. Also no bread was ever brought over (again no big deal but when you charge those prices you expect certain things) I ordered a side of asparagus never came you know the little things. I guess because the food was so good I would have thought service would have been there to. Now the hostess and what seemed to be the manager were very nice and they rushed to find us a table on a Saturday night so that was good.

In closing if we are ever in the area again it will be tops on our list. I say give it a try.

“No Disappointments here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

This establishment sits just before the main drag on Las Olas. It is surrounded by numerous restaurants and doesn't look like much until you step inside.

The decor is urban sheik with lots of dark woods, yet very elegant. It is quite large and has a second story. Service was very good, although the server could have checked back to refill our water glasses.

We were going to start with the grilled artichokes, but were bummed to find out they were out of them on this particular visit. Moving on, we tried the cedar-planked salmon accompanied with kale salad. Both were delicious, although the kale salad was a bit spicy for my liking, but I still cleaned my plate and enjoyed every last bite.

The other dish we tried was the grilled rainbow trout. Outstanding! The fish is light and delicate and cooked over a woodfire grill, giving it a wonderful flavor. It is served with French green beans.

We both enjoyed our meals very much and would recommend you to try this place. It is also great for special occasions.

PS - If this review was helpful, please remember to click the Yes button. Thanks! :->

• Visited March 2014