“Amazing location, great value, nice place.” 4 of 5 stars

Silver Seas Beach Resort
101 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #77 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing location, great value, nice place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a week at the Silver Seas. Picked the place because I wanted to be on the beach but didn't want to pay $300 a night for a bed. All I needed was a place to sleep while not on the beach and this place was perfect.
If you want a luxurious hotel, do not stay here. If you want amazing location and value and a very helpful, friendly staff...stay at the silver seas.
Side note...my car battery died after I had already checked out and the staff came to my rescue. Thank you again for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Farmingdale, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

So I just returned from my vacation to Fort lauderdale, I never write reviews but i felt this one was necessary-
After booking through a timeshare i realized there was little to no information about this hotel online so this page on trip advisor is what i went by.
We arrived late and a security guard led us to our room but had no idea what he was doing, nor did he have any answers to the basic questions i was asking.
The floor was so dirty when i wore white socks and walked around they were BLACK.
The whole place was extremely dusty and stuffy. Beds seemed clean but smelt a little funky.

We had a "studio" which apparently sleeps 4.. but it is almost impossible to get both the PULL OUT COUCH and the MURPHY BED out at the same time ... the pull out bed was awful but the murphy bed was way too small to sleep 2 people (we ended up having to rearrange all the furniture to make it work) There is no way 4 people can be comfortable in that amount of space.

THEN after coming back to our room at about midnight... BOTH of our room keys did not work... since there is only someone at the desk from 8-5 we called the "emergency" number on the lobby door.... I WAITED OUTSIDE FOR 3 HOURS until the "manager" came and let us in... no apology, no empathy, no nothing. let us in and left.

The only reason this place got 2 stars is because it is RIGHT on the beach in a great location and had a nice sized pool... other than that... Would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Forest Falls, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This small resort is in a great location. Near all the shops and restaruants. A rocks throw to the ocean. Friendly staff. Had a great stay. Drove to Key West and Miami. A short drive to both locations. A week here then a boarded a Carinval ship. Made for a perfect two weeks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I advise anyone NOT to stay here. Woke up itching and looked under the covers in horror. Went to the front desk and told them there were bed-bugs and they said that would look in a couple of hours!!! Really!!! Finally walked back to the room and saw them in the bed and said they would give us a new room and I said I want my money back and they said no. I them did say some not so nice things to him and he evicted us!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! you need to stay away from there! I believe it may have been nice at one time but a new owner has it and it is a horror!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
West Palm Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Although this resort is by no means fancy or upscale, it is perfect if you're looking for a relaxing, beachy vacation. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. Everything was clean and the linens and bedding looked new, but the place itself (windows, kitchen, living room furniture) is a bit old. With that being said, everything else was a positive. You could not ask for a better location. It is in the heart of Ft Lauderdale beach, right next to the Ritz Carlton, which is right next to Beach Place. It is across the street from the beach (which you can see from the nice pool they have) and walking distance to everything on the "strip". I vacationed with a friend of mine and her husband, and we had a fantastic time. It was so nice to be able to walk 30 seconds from the beach back to the room to get a drink, use the restroom, etc. The full kitchen made it much more affordable because we ate a lot of our meals in. I would definitely recommend this resort, the biggest positive being the fantastic location.

Room Tip: Our room was on the east side, 3rd floor, and we had a great view of the ocean from the living room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Spent a week at the Silver Seas through RCI. I understand that not all units are timeshares so I can't speak towards other owners. Nice pool and great location to restaurants and the beach. Their housekeeping rules are "in once a week" which is okay by me. I don't like staff coming in all the time. A/C units work great especially when it is hot outside. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor for best view of water if you don't mind stairs. They do have an elevator...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

SilverSeasResort is right in the middle of it all...restaurants.bars.etc.and mere yards from the beach..Did I mention location?.being able to run from beach to the room for w/e is a big plus ...no walking thru a lobby...up elevators..just cross the street..Norma was very nice..loaning us an umbrella for the beach...$20 wkly parking is a steal!...other resorts charge $30 a day...This resort is clean and a great value and extraordinarily nice owners.Hope to return soon

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Silver Seas Beach Resort? Share your experiences!