“simple surroundings, nice pizza place” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Montreal, Canada
“simple surroundings, nice pizza place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Everyone here is friendly and helpful and it appears to be frequented by regulars. I had the pizza that was billed as thin crust and cooks quickly. Being from Montreal we have several places that make wood burning pizza with a thin crust and the crust at Umberto's was actually thicker than what we get at home (still a thin crust but not totally thin and crispy which I would have preferred). The mozzarella was nice. I made the mistake of adding meatballs to the pizza and I expected to see little ones but there were slices of a large meatball. The meat was delicately seasoned, which might be good had I been eating a meatball in sauce, but added nothing to the pizza.... pepperoni or perhaps just an addition of anchovies to the margherita pizza would have added more pizzaz. My husband had linguini with red clam sauce. Surprisingly this came with fresh clams in the shell....very nice...not the usuall baby clams from a can etc. Each table is served a basket of delicious rolls that are dripping in garlic sauce....terrific. We will try this restaurant again when we are in this city...and will try the calzone or other types of pizzas.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Kelowna B.C.
“the pizza looks good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We did not have the pizza but it looked very good and most people seemed to be having it. We ordered the Veal Marsala and it was disappointing. there was a great deal of brown gravy, smothered in mushrooms, not particularly Marsala to my liking . A large serving of meat, sort of tenderized. it came with a very nice salad and rolls, slathered in garlic. Do not think there will be a next time. Have eaten here before and was pleased i remember i loved the rolls, but not this time.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pompano Beach, FL
“Excellent pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

There Grandma's pie is out of this world! We always get it delivered. Very garlicky rolls. Nice delivery guy.

Visited November 2012
North Laurel, Maryland, United States
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We have been going to Umberto's for salad and pizza every time we travel to Lauderdale by the Sea...we love it!

Visited October 2012
South Florida, Florida
“Fabuloso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I absolutely love this Italian restaurant. The atmosphere is what I would call comfortable. Their sauce is divine. I'm pretty picky about my sauce, so this was very important to me. The salad was very crispy and fresh and the garlic rolls were excellent. I had the calamari marinara, my husband had the veal parmesan and the kids pizza. We all walked away happy and with togo boxes

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere