“Next time we will stay longer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Atlantic Hotel & Spa

You added The Atlantic Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   601 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book Here, Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Oakville, Canada
“Next time we will stay longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Atlantic the night before we left on a cruise.
I was attracted to the Atlantic because of the positive reviews and the menu for the Feast.
My high expectations for the menu were exceeded by the quality of the food and service we received.
We had a "partial ocean view" and while there was part of the ocean we couldn't see from the balcony there was a lot of ocean we did see and the room was huge.
The staff were all very friendly and accommodating.
This is a place I would go back to.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This place is hands down the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The service is spectacular! The staff is so sweet. The atmosphere is so alive! I love it! I wouldn't stay anywhere else besides here! The views are great! I just love it!

• Stayed December 2014
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We arrived late on a rainy evening and we got a beautiful room with kitchenette and a view of the beach and the city. We were happy The Beauty and the Feast was still open, I had a chicken salad and my husband had the scallops, they were delicious with a light sauce. We really liked that it was within walking distance to so many shops, restaurants and bars, so when the sun came out a few days later we walked all the way down to the end of the beachwalk. We got late check out and were able to eat lunch at the hotel again (another great meal) before our flight home. The front desk reception was very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be back to this resort in the summer.

Room Tip: Make sure your room doesnt face the construction
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Spacious room. Large bathroom - enough room for two people to get ready simultaneously.Great view of Ft. Lauderdale Beach.

Only negative - the Verizon cell reception stinks. The wi-fi was inconsistent.

Restaurant on the propery is nice, we arrived at about 10:00pm and the kitchen, just as the kitchen was about to close, but the staff was able to get our dinner orders in. We ordered sandwiches. Both the Cuban and the Crabcake sandwiches were delicious.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors have a more picturesque view.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked the 2 bedroom Oceanfront Penthouse Suite for a week to celebrate my birthday. Arrived the day before my birthday and Chris checked me in, my suite was not ready so I was given vouchers for complimentary drinks at the bar. Once notified that the suite was ready, I was escorted up and it was fantastic. The elevator opens directly into the suite, which was huge and well decorated. 2 bedrooms, full kitchen, huge living room and full furnished balcony with the most spectacular view. The bathrooms were well appointed with plush Frette robe, the softest, whitest cotton towels I have seen in any hotels, and plenty of toiletries, the only thing missing were slippers. When I inquired about slippers I was told that only the Spa had those and I had to go there to get one. I thought that missed the mark and should have been standard for a penthouse suite. Housekeeping did a great job except for the Sunday when I came back from an excursion to an uncleaned suite. I was told that happened because the deadbolt was on so they were not able to get in. Don't see how that could be, as one of my girlfriends in Norway was able to arrange with the concierge to have flowers and champagne delivered to room before my return. It was also not lost on me that nothing was done to acknowledge the fact that I was there for my birthday, even though it was mentioned at check-in and in previous communications with the hotel. I celebrate my birthday every year at a hotel in a different city and something is always left in my room by the hotel as an acknowledgement, thought they missed the mark here. Room service was prompt and the food delicious.The Spa, fantastic!! The ladies lounge is a wonderful, relaxing oasis and I had a great afternoon there with my sister and my best friend. Javier has magic hands and gave me the best Deep Tissue Massage of my life to date. I deducted a star for the lack of slippers, uncleaned room 1 day and lack of birthday acknowledgement but mostly for the authorization that was placed on my friend's Credit Card. Parking was on my account but paid for days before I checked out. On my checkout, I settled my account and got a paid in full receipt. Imagine my dismay when I got a call from my friend about the hotel having an authorization hold on their card? I know it was an error, but that stuff is not supposed to happen. That said, I had the best time and was right at home at the Atlantic Hotel & Spa. I have uploaded tons of photos to Facebook and have friends from all over inquiring about staying there. I highly recommended them, even with the hiccups mentioned. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Fort Lauderdale as I have made some amazing, wonderful memories here. I am already thinking about my next stay; maybe in Feb. when I will no doubt need a reprieve from this New England weather.

Room Tip: If you can, do get the ocean-front penthouse. That said, any ocean-front room/suite should be just f...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked a one bedroom, 2 queen oceanfront suite and instead received a large open room with no door to block beds from rest of room. With a 5 year old, it did not lend much to privacy or ability to get her to sleep very easily. Also saw room next door that had a dining room table with their full kitchen. We had full kitchen but no dining room table to sit. In fact, furnishings were minimal with no dining set, only one bed table and desk oddly placed in center of room, Property is well located but if you need privacy in your room, be careful with your booking. 6 nights and no change in room though the front desk stated they would see what they could do. No communications back after that first request and inquiry to what happened to our 1 bedroom reservation. Oceanfront was the saving grace to the disappointment but not sure we would come back if we are not provided what we pay. It is too bad as we visit this area minimally once a year. The Ritz Carlton in Palm Beach (now the Eau Palm Beach Club) is very nice as is the Boca Beach Club. We will probably go back to those properties in the future because you at least get what you are expecting. Again, too bad as location is close to beach, restaurants, shopping and airport. Proceed with caution!

Room Tip: Confirm 1 bedroom suite actually has walls and door to separate from living space and kitchen.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After doing a redeye from the westcoast, I was told by concierge and front desk gal we were being put in a oceanview top floor. When we got to our room it was not near the top floor nor what I consider oceanview. What we got is a 7th floor overlooking a major construction site. At 6:30am the following morning the hammers started banging and at 7am the big machineries where coming in with the loud beeping. To add to insult, the carpet coming apart as you walk into the room from the foyer and the foyer desk top is badly scruffed and scratched. I uslly stay at the Pelican Beach Resort and always wondered what it would be like staying here. Now I know. My wife booked this reservation thru Expedia. We are only booked for a one nite to catch a celebrity cruise today. I would not stay here again.not pleased positive note housekeeping is great keeping place clean and great wifi. 714 is a bad room, sadly front desk did not deliver what they rented to us.

Malcolm Hebert

Room Tip: Dont get a room facing south side as they have major commercial highrise construction . Dont get roo...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Atlantic Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!