Husband and me stayed here for 6 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time in Fort Lauderdale.
We stayed in a huge, ocean front suite and were privileged to watch the sun rise over a beautiful turquoise ocean and white sandy beach each morning whilst enjoying a coffee on our balcony...a perfect start to any day!
The suite was very spacious - a comfortable bed, large flat screen TV, working space and plenty of storage space. The small kitchenette was well equipped with fridge, microwave, coffee machine and all essential cutlery/crockery, etc. Some of the furnishings, and also some of the internal doors, were showing minor signs of wear and tear - certainly nothing major but would benefit from a little attention soon.
We ate breakfast at the hotel most mornings - not cheap but still reasonable value considering the quality. Husband, who is a healthy, sporty type (unlike me...!) was mightily impressed with the Atlantic omelette.
We didn't use the spa facilities but did check them out for future reference - everything appeared to be of a high standard and felt very calm and peaceful. Although the pool is quite small it is very well maintained and was perfect for cooling off. If anyone wanted to stretch out and swim a little further, well...the Atlantic ocean was, literally, just steps away from the hotel door! The hotel provided beach towels and bottled water for guests heading to the beach - perfect!
When we first arrived, we felt the hotel may have been a little detached from the main attractions (shops, restaurants, bars, etc.). However, as we started to find our way around, we discovered some local hidden gems including the Parrott Lounge (serving dozens of interesting craft beers and whiskies) and a real popular and friendly Italian place (Franco and Vinnie's), not to mention Yo Mama's ice cream shop (make your own sundaes...delicious!). In fact, once we'd checked out the busier, more crowded part of the area, we were even more pleased with our choice of a peaceful, chilled hotel in a quieter location.
One of the best features of this hotel was the friendly and efficient staff. Everyone - including the car valets and housekeepers and the restaurant and reception staff - was good at their job and appeared genuinely interested in the guests and their holiday experience... Great!
We would definitely return to this hotel - in fact, we are checking our calendars and our bank balance right now in the hope that we can plan for a return visit very soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for the discerning traveler, the resort is devoted to the pursuit of service and elegance, affording the perfect balance for business and pleasure. Recreationally speaking: The hotel is situated across from Fort Lauderdale's Blue Wave Beach, our full-service Spa,lap pool and fifth floor sun deck overlooking the ocean are indeed relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TIG Global, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Escapio, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Atlantic Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Atlantic Resort And Spa
- The Atlantic Hotel Fort Lauderdale