The hotel staff was very friendly and greeted us every time we left the hotel and returned. We had a King Bedroom Oceanfront Suite on the 7th floor. It was very clean, very roomy and the bed was very comfy (and it had 2 full baths). The view was spectacular - perfect for a sunrise. The patio, though small, was a great place to have coffee in the morning and watch the sunrise. The cruise ships were also fun to watch departing in the afternoons. The sun does disappear behind the hotel about 3-4 pm, depending on the time of year. The hotel is located just north of where most of the action is but close enough to walk. We walked to restaurants and even the CVS on the beach - very convenient. We had rented a car but really did not need it to get around. A taxi ride from the airport and back would have been cheaper than a rental car and the price to valet park the car at the hotel. The beach was convenient with a traffic light located at the corner of the hotel. The hotel provided fruit at the front desk, coffee in the morning in the lobby ( as well as the room) and water the rest of the day. Beach towels were also provided at the front desk. The only slight problem we encountered was getting a chair at the pool. You have to be really early to claim your chair, so we never got one. However, we were there for the beach and that is where we stayed. Overall, very pleased with the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for the discerning traveler, the resort is devoted to the pursuit of service and elegance, affording the perfect balance for business and pleasure. Recreationally speaking: The hotel is situated across from Fort Lauderdale's Blue Wave Beach, our full-service Spa,lap pool and fifth floor sun deck overlooking the ocean are indeed relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Escapio, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Atlantic Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Atlantic Resort And Spa
- The Atlantic Hotel Fort Lauderdale