The Atlantic, set right on the ocean on Ft. Lauderdale beach truely a great resort! The rooms are very well laid out (we had an ocean front room) that had a great balcony (rm 809). Perfect to sit outside and sip your morning coffee while you watch the sunrise over the Atlantic.
Another great part about this hotel is that it is in a very quite part of the beach, yet only a short 5-10 minute walk to/from the center of all the beach action (Beachwalk Place...with fun places like Fat Tuesdays, etc).
The real positives to this resort include: Great pool deck (due to weather we didn't get to experience it but it look awesome), an very helpful front desk staff (thanks Stepan for all your help), The VIEW!, an extreemly comfortable bed, a bathroom I want to move into my home, and easy access to everything!
We made a quick run to 7-11 the first day for a few mixers and snack stuff, and the in room frig and microwave came in very handy!
Our dinner choices during our 3 night stay were pefect for us...the first night we ordered pizza from our fav place in town that delivers to the beach (It's A Pizza). On Sat night we tried a new place...#2 on TA...Mario's Catalina. What a find! I lucked into this via a recent Living Social special. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! We were so tired Sun we just warmed up the leftover Pizza and enjoyed the Cowboy's Sun night in the room.
The only downside...I'm a coffee snob...so I did have to walk to Starbucks (at the Westin)...about 5 min away. I wish The Atlantic would upgrade their in room coffee selection. Royal Cup just is not up to the standard of this hotel. The other minor issue was that I killed a huge roach early one morning in our room hallway. I totally forgot to tell the front desk about it. Not that I wanted to complain, I just wanted them to know they might need to spray.
My partner and I also enjoyed easy access to one of the newly opened (refurbed) gay resort & spa's (Royal Palms). It was a short 5 min walk away and we had a great spa package (massage and body scrub) for $150pp. Very enjoyable and we just hung out by their pool on Saturday afternoon. They had a bar and place for lunch ...we both had a good salad for lunch.
Overall a top notch hotel. We love Ft. Lauderdale and this was another great stay on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for the discerning traveler, the resort is devoted to the pursuit of service and elegance, affording the perfect balance for business and pleasure. Recreationally speaking: The hotel is situated across from Fort Lauderdale's Blue Wave Beach, our full-service Spa,lap pool and fifth floor sun deck overlooking the ocean are indeed relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Escapio, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your The Atlantic Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Atlantic Resort And Spa
- The Atlantic Hotel Fort Lauderdale