“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Atlantic Hotel & Spa

You added The Atlantic Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   601 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book Here, Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful stay!
Spent 4 nights with my wife at the Atlantic right after the storm came through. I was a bit concerned leading up to our trip but except for some additional sand piled up on the beach right across the street, everything was seemingly back to normal.
The hotel was great, great spa, great restaurant, and the concierge-Janete-was the single best I have come across...attentive, knowledgable, enthusiastic, and so nice. She loves her job and it clearly shows.
Don't expect a big pool but the pool attendant was very attentive. The gym and spa are fantastic too.
Good location across street from the beach. Use the trolley to get around during the weekend to go to Los Olas blvd for many restaurants and shopping. Highly recommend the water taxi too.
All in all, my wife and I had an extremely nice stay and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I really appreciate this ocean-front property with the most friendly staff I have met in the US. Friendly without being overwhelming.My room was facing the ocean and was very spacious and beautifully designed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights at the hotel and we were very disappointed.I read the glowing reviews in trip adviser and note you have given this hotel top awards for 2012 and so on.
The suite is nice enough and the staff pleasant and for the price they charge it should be, but our complaint is in the way the hotel words the area where they are. They say...'Only steps from world-class boutiques, galleries, restaurants, museums, theaters, casinos, and nightspots'......absolutly untrue and misleading. Outside the hotel is only the beach not even a shop. The only steps you take are to a taxi which takes you to these places. Casinos are miles away which we found when we paid the taxi fare.
We come from New Zealand and when you make a booking from the other side of the world you rely on the hotel descriptions and the reviews. We thought we were going to a vibrant and busy area (as described by hotel), so more research by 'Trip Advisor' maybe needed to check hotel information is actually what it says it is prior to recommendation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We arrived October 27, 2012. My husband and I were celebrating our 1st year wedding anniversary. From the friendly and efficient check in, to offering us a room change when our phone was not working. The hotel lived up to its luxury rating. The full moon on the ocean and beautiful sun rise helped make our trip romantic and wonderful. We recommend it to everyone we know and we will definitely be coming back. Thanks a million to all. Love Evgenia and Mark.
PS: Unfortunately the restaurant "east end brasserie" did not live up to the hotel's standards. We would not recommended it.

• Stayed October 2012
Valinhos, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was very unlucky this time. My room phone was not working, so I could not call any service at the hotel. I wanted to order a sandwich at night while working on my computer, but had to dress up and go down to the brasserie and explained the reception about the issue. They said "an engeneer is going to see that in minutes", but never got that done. At the brasserie, I told them I would have my burger there as I as there anyway, but I came back already in a box, so I took it back to the room.

As I still had too much work to do, I left outside my breakfast order, but next morning it was still there, nobody picked it up although I left it before the necessary time. Then again, how could I call them? Used my cell phone to contact room service and order it all again and took the opportunity to complain about the phone, but got the samen answer: "an engeener will be there soon, he is about to arrive", but nothing happened.

Regarding my room, the air conditioning was noisy, and the service level bad as well: no menu in the room (I found this out when I was trying to order some food) but only a wine list, no paper or pen to take notes.

These are small things, but is a sign of lack of attention to customers who are paying not a cheap price for a room hard to get (the hotel was full).

I had heard good references before, maybe I was just not lucky, but still I have not seen these mishappenings in hotels of similar cathegories.

Room Tip: Waterfront, of course.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BROOKLYN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Donald & I chose this location based on the amenities provided! We had no idea how wonderful the experience would be. From 1st contact with the staff, which was the day after booking our trip and requesting to have our wedding there. Start to finish a truly awesome experience. This is now at the top of your list of favorite spots!! We will definitely be going back for our anniversary celebrations!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Suite, which is actually an apartment. An additional couple c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds are very comfy. The shower was incredible! Made you feel so relaxed. I love that the pool overlooks the beach and the that the beach is just across the street. We definitely go back and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to The Atlantic Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!