“Great time with friends” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Flea/ Street Markets, Landmarks
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For an authentic waterfront experience of food and fun, visit 15th Street Fisheries directly inside the city’s famous nautical landmark Lauderdale Marina. Dine on the waterfront but stay for the nightly tarpon feedings on the restaurant’s docks.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great time with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had friends in from New Jersey and with the weather they have been having we wanted a waterfront restaurant with a beautiful view. We have been there many times. The food and service was great. The new lobby is a great place to wait for people when the bar is crowded. Dinner was delicious and portions were good. We loved it as did our friends.

Visited January 2014

Miami
23 attraction reviews
“Dockside cafe-Great view-average food, but worth a visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Before reading the review, let me tell you a bit about 15th Street Fisheries. First, it has been around for a very long time (my first visit there was in 1984). I believe the building is the original which sat at that location. The architecture looks rustic and "Old Florida", which works for this place and adds to the charm. There are two different restaurants at the location. Downstairs is casual dining at the Dockside Café and upstairs is the more formal (and pricey) dining room. The menus for the two are different. Downstairs offers sandwiches and casual seafood dishes, while upstairs offers more gourmet offerings. Check their webpage for information. My review is for Dockside Café, so it is not fair to judge the food upstairs based on this review. Part of the attraction of the restaurant is its location-right on the intercostal.Constant boat traffic passes by and boaters pull up to the Dockside Café to eat. There is tarpon feeding in the early evening (times listed on their website) or you can purchase tarpon feed at the Dockside Café.
We visited for lunch on Christmas eve day. We arrived as the restaurant was just opening. Restaurant personnel instructed us to sit anywhere we liked. The service was very relaxed-not rushed by any means and was friendly. Each of us ordered a seafood entrée each of which was tasty. I had the grilled mahi, which was flavorful. It came with one side so I ordered a tossed salad. All of us commented that the food average-not great and not bad. Comparatively speaking from a price perspective, other places would offer two sides and possibly bread. Then again, other establishments are not located in such a prime location.
We will most likely return, especially if we have out of town guests as the location can't be beat and the food was acceptable.

Visited December 2013
Cornwall,Ontario
6 attraction reviews
“Ok food ...nice sitting outside and watching the boat traffic go by”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My husband and I share the spinach salad and it was very good and a large enough for the two of us .... Service was good and friendly but the restaurant could use some renovations and more cleanliness but overall it was good for a drinks and snacks.

Visited December 2013
Cork
“New England Clam Chowder less than desirable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I went for lunch today and had the clam chowder for the first time. It was over salted, very lumpy and had little or no fish and that was the best part of it. A few hours later, I spent the afternoon suffering from severe gastric problems...you can fill in the blanks. I'll never again have that chowder!

Visited November 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Not so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Water taxi guide raved about this restaurant so we tried it. But the menu and the food was so so. I was expecting more choices in the fresh fish. But only 3 standard fish choices which I find even in the mid west (away from the shore). Sea food skillet was the most disappointment. Good part was that after complaining charges were reversed.

Visited November 2013