“Peacefull and relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Gardens

You added Beach Gardens to your Saves list
Beach Gardens
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   533 Orton Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Formerly windamar beach club)   |
Ranked #24 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort lauderdale
“Peacefull and relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Juan my house cleaner is very good great guy he's cleaned it everytime I've stayed here does a great job and is a hard worker
The reef is the hotel I will stay at everytime I visit lauderdale because of the friendly staff cleanliness and modern style of the place also very close to the main beach about 2 min walk

• Stayed July 2014
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Beach Gardens, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Max1650,
It's always nice to hear from a local. You should check out the other events around the Village. We have Village Yoga right at Beach Gardens 3 times per week. Our outdoor cafe, the Plaza Bistro, offers weekend entertainment and even a weekly "Yappy Hour" for our 4-legged guests! We hope to see you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife, daughter, and myself just returned from one week at the Beach Gardens and we were all completely satisfied. Rooms are very clean (we had 2 queens with small fridge, microwave and coffee maker), all of the staff were very polite, helpful and courteous, beds and pillows were quite comfortable, pool is well maintained and clean, the grounds are beautiful and very relaxing, cleanest BBQ I have ever seen at a hotel, A/C worked like a charm, beach towels, chairs and umbrellas are available on a first come first serve basis, free parking is included. All in all a perfect place to stay when visiting Fort Lauderdale Beach area.

Small suggestions to the hotel would be: wall mounted soap dish or a corner rack in the shower for bar of soap and shampoo bottles, a bathroom fan, a toaster, and small table and chairs outside the room.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: We prefer the top floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cheers1313,
Thanks so much for visiting, we hope that you can come visit us again very soon! Next time you come you'll have to take advantage of Village Yoga, right at the hotel! Thanks for the suggestions too. We are always working to improve and we always appreciate guest feedback. Thanks again for your review. Take care, NBV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Beach Gardens was exactly what I needed for a Fort Lauderdale weekend trip. It was close to the site of my course, was clean and quiet. There is a pool, wish I had had time to get in. The rooms are not tricked out, but I wasn't looking for that. Kimberly at the office was very helpful, even when I called several days after staying there.

This is not a large facility, which was also nice. The staff takes time with the guests to give directions and suggestions. Beach Gardens worked well for me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Beach Gardens, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Susan Z,
Thanks for staying with us. We love our guests and are glad that it showed. Kimberly and the rest of the staff really try to go above and beyond for the guests. Give us a call whenever you're in the area and let us help you plan your perfect visit! Thanks so much for your review. Take care, NBV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

You can't beat the price for a hotel this close to the beach. It's clean and cozy. An older hotel that was recently renovated, it works well as a base of operations for trips to the beach. The only amenities are a pool and free WiFi. There is a barbecue for those who need it.
If you do stay, be warned over the lack of a breakfast place. There is a Starbucks nearby, but that's it.
We stayed for five days and enjoyed the quiet, clean and cozy room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
readaholic23,
Thanks so much for your review. We know that there are a lot of choices to stay in Fort Lauderdale Beach and we appreciate you choosing Beach Gardens! Next time you visit you should check out Plaza Bistro, our al fresco cafe which is now serving breakfast. Give us a call next time you're in the area, we'd love to see you again!
Brasov, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We've booked our stay here some 2 months in advance. The price was good, very good if you take into account the fact that the hotel is located some 500 meters from the beach in Ft Lauderdale. No breakfast, but a microwave and coffee machine in the room, which was big with two queen sized beds and a perfect air conditioning system. The pool was also wonderful. Not so the price quotation for the same room for two more days - the price almost doubled!

Otherwise a good place to stay - if booked well in advance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Beach Gardens, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Ollantaytamb0,
Thanks for your review. We are always checking competitor rates so we can provide the best rates in the entire Fort Lauderdale Beach area. While our rates fluctuate, our customer service never does. Our guests can always expect to see smiling face and helpful staff. We hope that you'll be able to come visit us again in the near future. Take care, NBV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed at the Beach Gardens in mid-May for four nights and it was a delightful experience from start to finish. I chose a smaller hotel because I wanted something different from the big-chain, impersonal transactions, and these folks delivered. I arrived after midnight and Jeffrey greeted me with warmth and kindness, showed me to my room, #500, and made sure I had everything I needed. (I can't remember the last time that happened, anywhere.) The room was newly decorated in Ikea, spotlessly clean, great little kitchenette (with corkscrew in drawer!). Short walk to the beach, but far enough to be away from the hubbub, and a lovely statue garden outside my door. I felt very much at home during my visit.

Other good things happened: Maryam helped me sort out a billing question very quickly, and Kimberly kindly mailed back to me the two items I left in my room. I'm sure people leave a ton of stuff in their rooms and she spends a lot of time standing in line at the post office as a result, but she was so nice about it - really gracious.

I will definitely stay here again and am planning to book a family reunion event in a couple of months. Awesome place :)

Room Tip: Room 500 was very quiet during my four nights there, no road noise. One morning the garbage truck c...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sarah D,
Wow, what a kind review. We really do love our guests and are so happy that it shows. We would love to help you with your family reunion. After all, you're our family now! Give us a call anytime!
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights during the Tortuga Music Festival. Rates were very reasonable. Arrived at noon and were able to check in early. We had a king studio. Very clean and quiet. One of the young ladies served us frozen grapes while we were lounging at the pool. No restaurant or bar on site, but didn't matter. We kept snacks and beverages in the fridge. Great walkability factor -we found we could easily walk to Beach Place and our new favorite Cafe Casablanca. No need to rent a car. Nicely landscaped .Simple and clean furnishings. The housekeeper gave us some trash bags to use as rain covers when it poured rain on one of the festival days. Definitely would go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Cheri582014,
It's always nice to hear from a local. Thanks for staying with us, and we hope that you'll come back again soon. We work hard to provide the most competitive rates in the area. Right now it's slow season so our rates cannot be beat! It's the perfect time to treat yourself to a weekend getaway!

Been to Beach Gardens? Share your experiences!