“Unique concept and good value for the money.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Plaza Bistro

The Plaza Bistro
2900 Belmar St, Only Open Friday and Saturday Evenings, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
+1 954-245-2574
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Plaza Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 1,150 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N Birch Rd
Description: Welcome to The Plaza Bistro, conveniently located on the corner of Breakers Avenue and Belmar Street. Set in the heart of North Beach Village, the Plaza Bistro offers a wide selection of American cuisine; including an international fusion from salads to pasta dishes, brick oven flatbreads and desserts. The Bistro has successfully paired imaginative food and wine with caring hospitality, comfortable surroundings and exceptional value.With outstanding dining under the stars, seasonal ingredients, an emerging beach side location and a mission to support the local community, The Plaza Bistro has changed the restaurant landscape in the North Beach Area. Dinner service hours: Sun-Thur from 5pm - 10pm, Fri & Sat from 5pm - 11pm.
Tacoma, Washington
“Unique concept and good value for the money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

If you are looking for a good wine list or a good craft beer this is not your place. Cocktails are good but take awhile to arrive. Service overall is friendly but a bit uneven. The skirt steak was good but lacked proper seasoning. The calamari and summer salad are good choices for starters. The covered dinning area is small, recommend that you arrive early.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando A, General Manager at The Plaza Bistro, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
jckent1223,

Your feedback as is any other's is very important to me and rest assured that I have listened. I have advised my culinary team about your comments and I will ensure that food quality improves.

I invite you back to taste and experience our improvements.

Kindly,

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great find in North Fort Lauderdale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Great little restaurant tucked off the main drag. Friendly staff, unique concept with outdoor seating that changes with the day and the weather. Italian selections for dinner are excellent with the lasagna particularly recommended. The general manager Orlando went out of his way to introduce himself and spend time with us. They serve breakfast too. The outdoor ambience in the morning was excellent and service was good, although the food at breakfast not quite up to snuff compared to the dinner menu. Overall a gem and highly recommended for a fun and unique fining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gary B,

Truly a pleasure to have met you sir! Thank you for leaving us such a kind review. I will make sure to let our culinary team that you enjoyed our lasagna. I continuously look at how I can improve all aspects of the restaurant; therefore, I am sure you'll be delighted upon your next visit.

Please keep us in mind for any business events or personal events in the future.

Kind regards,

Lincoln, Ne
“Wanted to like it more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We visited this restaurant twice during our stay in ft lauderdale. It is basically a food truck in a parking lot. But it really has a great vibe and ambiance. Unfortunately, the food is just average. We tried the salmon, ok, the caribbean shrimp, meh, the flatbread pizza was great. The service is five star, and the waiters incredibly handsome. Go for a drink and an appetizer and you won't be disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Inktvlr,

We value your feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. There is no excuse for just "average food." Food quality is extremely important to me and I wish you had left with a different feeling about our food items. I have taken your comments and ensured that we review our recipes to meet my standards and those of the company.

Service is as equally important and I am so glad to see that you've described it as "five stars."

We can only improve I know that your next visit will be different.

Safe travels,

Latrobe, Pennsylvania
“Fresh food and al fresco dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My hotel was right next door to this small, outdoor dining venue in North Beach Village. While it's little more than an open lot, it has been bordered with vegetation, awnings and sparkly lights at night. There was live music on the weekend. I ordered the Thai chicken curry salad and fell in love...it was a perfect blend of Thai seasonings and very light. I liked it so much, I was back 2 nights later for an encore. Breakfast was nice also, and very reasonable, as you could order a la cart and get exactly the items you wanted. It didn't affect my dining experience, but I would advise the management to water the plants that are in the suspended cups on every post! Other than that, it was a nice place to enjoy a meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, NC
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Food trucks are the place to go nowadays. I saw this on TA and thought it sounded novel. Our waiter was fantastic - Jorge - charming and very knowledgeable. The food was really tasty and the pianist was amazing. The whole ambiance was fun, relaxing and a great experience. A totally wonderful night with two girlfriends.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando A, General Manager at The Plaza Bistro, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Orangepants445,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a charming review. I must agree with you, Jorge, is great! My staff takes pride in their work and they are trained to provide the best service around. We have entertainment every weekend at 7pm. I hope you can join us again soon. Visit us for breakfast as well. We are no serving breakfast daily from 7am to 11am. Take care and well wishes to you and your loved one's!

Much Appreciated!