“Major Elevator Issues...Just Ok.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Place Towers Fort Lauderdale

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Lauderdale
Beach Place Towers Fort Lauderdale
You added Beach Place Towers Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
21 S. Ft. Lauderdale Beach, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #40 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Major Elevator Issues...Just Ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Beach Place Towers are across the street from the beach and sometimes the traffic can be very intense. Our room was lovely, but getting up and down from it was an absolute pain. There are only 4 elevators and 2 were not working when we were there. The wait was more than just irritating, you had to actually plan quite a bit of extra time to accommodate for it. We have found much nicer hotels in the area for about the same or a little more. It was not horrible, but we would certainly never return here.

Room Tip: We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was huge, with a jacuzzi in the master bedroom. Plenty of space.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for business for 3 weeks and stayed at the beach place towers. This is normally a marriott vacation club property but they also rent out some of their rooms when occupancy permits. The other reviews for the hotel are correct, the elevators are painfully slow but overall the hotel is great and the location is perfect

• Stayed August 2012
Mt. Arlington, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We just finished a week here and had a great time. All the negatives about the elevators were't so. We were on the 17th floor (of 19) and hardly waited for an elevator. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. You don't have to have a car because you can walk to some good restaurants. We had a car and were able to find some great places away from the property. The car also allowed us to grocery shop for our breakfasts and lunches which we ate on our patio and at poolside. For those who like the beach, not us, the beach is right across the street.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We first stayed here in 2011, while on a work-cation. We loved it so much we decided to return int 2012 for a full va-cation. Sure, the elevators were a hassle, especially during peak ride time (check in time on a weekend), but we were on the 8th floor and didn't mind taking the stairs down sometimes. Although the stairwell is rather unpleasant (smelly), it was better than waiting around for 15 minutes to catch an elevator.

We didn't have trouble finding the entrance, but perhaps that's because I had been reading reviews and knew about the secret side entry.

The location, the attractive and spacious rooms, the excellent kitchen space, the attentive staff (we called because our remote control had no batteries and it was quickly remedied), the play area for the kids, all contribute to make our stay exciting and enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

First of all, let me start by saying that this is a timeshare, and if you are going there with the expectations of a Marriott hotel resort--you will be let down. That begin said, I was very happy. There were some issues that I will address. First the good. The location is great. Right on the beach. Rooms have either a great view of the ocean or the intercostal. Beach place has a bunch of bars and Resturants right there. It is a family oriented place. I don't have kids, and perfer not to have to deal with them when on vacation. If you are the type of person that gets irritated when at a pool and kids are splashing, crying, or screaming---you may have a tough time here. Again, its family oriented, and no one seemed to be bothered. It is my familys timeshare, and I knew going in that this was going to be the way it was. My wife and I usually stay at adult only resorts----so a bit of a change for us. The rooms were nice. Big, clean, and great views. Now the 2 big issues that everyone complains about. The elevators are tough. You can wait a while during prime time. Just deal with it. Add ten minutes to your plans if an elevator is needed. There is no way around it. Sometimes they were quick, other time very slow. The other issue is parking. Parking wasn't bad at all. Other reviews had complained about it. I am guessing people that have never had to deal with a parking garge before. It can take about 10 minutes to get up to P4 and P5, but it is pretty easy to understand. I can't wait to go back. I will still continue to take my adult only higher end trips, but this was nice. People posting negative reviews must being going here with high expectations for a timeshare type accommodations. Overall I was very happy. I had a great week in ft lauderdale.

• Stayed June 2012
Southwest Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I'll tell you why you should stay away, but let me start with the positives first.

The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. This is a Marriott Vacation Club property, so the villa room we stayed in had a huge kitchen area, dining area, living room area and bedroom, with a spa. The views from our room overlooking the ocean were very nice. The living room and bedroom each had HD TVs and there was a good assortment of HD channels available.

The location is also spot on. A short 2 minute walk to the beach directly across the street and plenty of bar/restaurants and shops all within walking distance.

And now the bad news. First, the elevator situation. Their web site does alert you that the elevators are being upgraded and that you may experience delays. But "delays" is an understatement. There were several times where we literally waited over 15 minutes before an elevator even stopped on our floor, and we were on a lower floor. If you are coming to this place, try to get a higher floor. By the times elevators stopped at our floor, they were full! This was without a doubt the biggest hassle and inconvenience about staying at this place.

Second, finding the place and parking! While the property is right on Fort Lauderdale Boulevard, there is no Marriott sign anywhere to be seen. There is a big blue sign that says "Beach Club" and that's it. I went back and forth several times before I had to stop and call the hotel and they finally told me that I needed to enter the public parking lot on Cortez Street.

And once you enter the lot on the ground floor, you go up and up and around and around until you get to parking level P4. And of course directions aren't clear but what you're supposed to do is take the parking ticket when you enter the garage and then use it to get past the gate on P4 to park at the Marriott levels on P4 or P5. To exit, you use your room key at the gate on P4, take the ticket that comes out of the machine, and use that ticket to exit the garage on the ground floor. Parking is $14 per day. But again, the amount of time it took to get to P4 or P5 and then down from P4 or P5 was a real hassle. Especially when you add the elevator wait to that time. If you have dinner reservations anywhere, or are meeting anyone, and you're parked on P4 or P5, I would recommend giving yourself another 30 minutes lead time.

Check-in was yet another story. It was quick and easy actually checking in, but then you are told to see the guy at the next desk for your free welcome gift. Well, the guy at the next desk then proceeds on a hard sell to get you to sit through a 90 minute presentation on buying a share at this Vacation Club. It was surprisingly high pressure and I didn't expect that from a Marriott. Oh and you could also get 15000 Marriott Points. The free welcoming gift by the way is a Marriott Vacation Club tote bag.

Personally, I will never stay at this location again. Despite the nice rooms, the inconvenience of the elevators, and I recognize this is a temporary inconvenience, and the permanent inconvenience of the parking situation will lead me elsewhere. I will most likely stay at a regular Marriott on the beach in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. Less noisy and likely to get a quicker elevator and actually get on it!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This time share hotel is directly across a street from the ocean beach. Great views from any direction. Excellent restaurants are adjacent. A liquor store is in the CVS in the ground level mall and it is a short drive (we took the convenient bus) to the Galleria mall. Yes a elevator was being renovated but we had no delays in January. The access for cabs is an adventure because we had experiences of the cab missing the entrance and getting frustrated with the entrance as well as the 4 story drive through the parking garage to check-in. Even had a car rental company rep crash into a post on the way out. However, the reasonable price and location outweigh the access issues.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Beach Place Towers Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!