“Family choice in Ft. Lauderdale” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Place Towers Fort Lauderdale

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Lauderdale
Beach Place Towers Fort Lauderdale
You added Beach Place Towers Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
21 S. Ft. Lauderdale Beach, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #48 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Geneva
“Family choice in Ft. Lauderdale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Marriott's Beach Place Towers is a great family choice. The location is perfect not just for the beach, but the proximity to downtown Ft. Lauderdale and the fun boutiques and restaurants on Las Olas Blvd. As long as you're prepared for the two bigger challenges - the elevators that are overcrowded during peak hours and the length of time it takes to climb the parking garage - then everything else is easy. There are convenient shops and decent restaurants within a block or two, which means you don't need your car very often.

The Marriott staff were very friendly, and the villas and common areas are modern and well-kept. Great choice for a hassle free family trip to the beach in a more densely populated area than say Destin, FL or Treasure Island, FL.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chico, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

this hotel has all you need for a perfect get away starting with the perfect service most relaxing place to stay. awesome for kids has all sorts of activity's and a play room for all ages and an arcade... it doesn't get better then this the pool is perfect and so is the two jacuzzi! There are restaurants and shopping right outside your hotel. and best of all the beach is a crossed the street every time we go there my kids meet new friends in the arcade room. I love going there with my family and would stay no where else.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Pataskala
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

To the point, the hotel is okay, but not really for us.

On the pro side, the staff was exceptionally friendly, check-in was easy, the rooms were decent, and the gym had what we needed. We did have a maintenance issue with our tub not draining but that was quickly fixed.

Downside, the elevators are as other reviews have said, but I can't really blame the hotel for that as they were really limited in how the system could be designed. However, I do find fault in that many of the elevators were full of service carts when they did arrive. I asked, and they do have a separate service elevator but said it is too slow. Not my problem. Elevator tip: the hotel sits on top. Beach access is through the parking levels.

It is a hual to the ice machine and requires key access. Would be nice to at least have one on a guest floor somewhere.

Aside from the hotel, the location isn't our thing. The beach is quite public and very crowded on the weekends. During the day, younger beach-goers used fowl language and apparently don't own headsets for their music. The market place is pumping at night... but with the 20 and 30 crowd. Not folks I want my kids around at night (fortunately we didn't bring them on this trip).

South on the strip are several very nice restaurants all usually with 2-4-1 drink specials. Although food good every place we ate (except for Bubba Gumps- smallest crab legs I've ever seen), every restaurant bathroom I went in made me lose my appetite. Most expensive dinner was at Shula's but the best dinner was at the Margarita place on the corner. Awesome fish tacos. Not so awesome was the toothless guy wearing a bra and thong dancing in front of the restaurant!

Beach tip: go into the huge CVS and purchase cheap chairs and beach umbrellas. If you prefer to have these things, it is much cheaper than renting 2 chairs, 2 chair cushions, and 1 umbrella for $50 per day!

Also, make sure you check out the 19th floor which has an overlook of the ocean. Lovely place to watch the sunrise... I just wished they would turn down the music they pump out. The waves are all I want to hear.

All-in-all... okay place but headed back to a more exclusive and private beach.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Beach Place Towers is a Marriott Vacation Club Resort.I am a Marriott timeshare owner and used my points to pay for my stay here. Like other Marriott resorts, I found the lovely two bedroom villa clean, spacious and very comfortable.The villas have a fully equipped kitchen and for those with families(like us) there is a CVS pharmacy downstairs at the Beach Place where you can purchase almost anything in terms of groceries-very convenient. The resort is located on a lively boulevard directly opposite the beach.There are several restaurants and shops within easy walking distance, however we did find some of them pricey. The other drawback was access to the hotel via a multi storey parking garage at the back ( for which we had to pay $14 a day ) which was not too convenient. We have no complaints about the pool and there was also a games room to keep the kids occupied. Overall my family and I had a great time here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I'm a Marriott owner and used points to stay here for several days post-cruise. Based on prior reviews, I went in with mediocre expectations and they were met. It's across the street from a beautiful beach, but it's a busy street; we go to Marriott vacation clubs mostly for family trips with our 4 kids; at this resort there is less ability to let our teenagers roam because of the busy area.

Pros: Beautiful 2 BR villa
clean
Great concierge, Al

Cons: Parking garage/entrance; difficult for visitors to navigate
Called me twice a day to do a timeshare presentation. I'm an owner already, leave me alone!
For us, the busy area was a con. Others might like it.
Elevators: quite slow.
No umbrellas for shade at the pool
Marriott doesn't offer umbrellas or chairs at the beach, you have to rent them either from Marriott or from a vendor on the beach at $30/day for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Hotel is set back from the street, and you and your family will walk through cheesy bars and homeless people to go back and forth to the beach. Access is through the parking garage (entrance/exit back) to the hotel. Beaches were dirty! The elevators are extremely slow and do not work correctly. The front desk believes that they are doing you a favor. The attitude of the front desk is poor and the lack of direction - even worse. Pool is very small, and outside bar closes before you can get a drink. Stop! Do not book here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Wasn't sure what to expect with this hotel but upon entering our front desk agent, Lucy (a trainee) was warm and super helpful. I feel that the front desk agent is what sets the tone of any stay and she surely did an awesome job. Hope she stays here because guests deserve to be greeted in that manner.
Our room was completely immaculate and we got lucky to have the intercoastal view along with the downtown lights, which were so gorgeous at night.
Didn't have to call and ask for anything extra because everything was there. I recommend to anyone getting the villas!!! INCREDIBLE!
We love the location of hotel. Directly across from beach and ample of restaurants and entertainment in the area.
Great for families and couples and singles--For everyone!!
The whirlpool in the master bedroom was a hit as well...bring bubble bath! good times
ONLY downside is that rooms have thin walls and hard to not get a noise-complaint. :0(
Thanks for a great stay! Will Return!

Room Tip: GET A VILLA! 1 or 2 bedrooms