“Overbooked...Twice” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Strawberry by the Sea

You added Blue Strawberry by the Sea to your Saves list
Blue Strawberry by the Sea
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4220/4208 North Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 (Formerly Paradise By The Sea Resort)   |
Ranked #57 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
York, Pennsylvania
“Overbooked...Twice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I made a one night reservation for this hotel through a third party site in September for travels in February 2015. It was guaranteed for late arrival etc. When I arrive at the Ft. Lauderdale airport at 9pm I have a voice mail that they are overbooked and I have no where to stay. I spent time on the phone with the third party agent who struggled to find what must have been the last room in town...and was not "by the sea."

In September, I had also booked one night at Blue Strawberry for before I was supposed to fly out in the morning. Regretting that. This time I called early in the day to see if I would have a room or not. After 30 confusing minutes on the phone with the Blue Strawberry...overbooked again. Ohh...and when were you going to notify me??...silence...thanks!

This seems like a popular place to stay,but I would never book this hotel through a third party. They will not honor your reservation unless maybe it is a slow time.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
BStrawberryMgr, Manager at Blue Strawberry by the Sea, responded to this review, 5 days ago
We are so sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced with your reservations here at our hotel. We did experience a problem with overbookings in February, 2015, and had problems with the previous management of the hotel, but we have since changed staff and overbooking has not been a problem since. We know that there is nothing we can do to make up for the past, but we hope that you will give us another chance and come to stay with us. We think you will be pleasantly surprised by the special attention provided by our staff and the amazing vacation you will receive.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Blue Strawberry by the Sea is a great place to stay. It is an older small motel but it is extremely clean and being updated. The 2pools were crystal clear and warm. It is a 5 minute walk to the A1A and Commercial Pier and ten restaurants , bike rental,fishing etc. A very short walk to the Ocean and a gorgeous public beach. There is a Seven Eleven and Walgreens across the street. The Visitor Center is also across the street. The staff was extremely helpful. Danielle the office manager was very accomadating and helpful, along with her grounds manager Alba who was terrific! She treated us like family along with the wonderful houskeeper( sorry I forgot her name).

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
BStrawberryMgr, Manager at Blue Strawberry by the Sea, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. You are absolutely right that you cant beat the location. We are very lucky to be right in the heart of everything there is to do here, in beautiful Lauderdale by the Sea. We hope you will return to stay with us again so that you can see the upgrades we continue to make everyday.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Danielle, the manager was terrific, as was her assistant Alba. They were very accommodating to me and my friends. They made our stay comfortable and I found Danielle and her staff very refreshing and ready to make sure our needs were taken care of, very professional in their manners and work ethic. It was nice to see. The rooms were clean and the room service was always available when we required help. Danielle and her staff are working hard to make sure that the people who are staying at the Blue Strawberry enjoy their stay. I had a very relaxing stay and I would return to the Blue Strawberry not only because of its location but mostly because of Danielle, Alba and the rest of the staff making sure that my vacation was perfect and it was. A very big thank you to everybody at the Blue Strawberry!!

Room Tip: I like a room on the ground floor, especially if stairs can be a concern for some people.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
BStrawberryMgr, Manager at Blue Strawberry by the Sea, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write such a beautiful review of our hotel. Our goal is to make sure that every guest has the best vacation possible and we are so glad that you did. We hope you will come back to stay with us again soon!
Wilton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter and I stayed here from March 11th-17th. It was a last minute trip and I was skeptical from some of the reviews I read. When we arrived and were shown to our room I was pleasantly surprised. The room was newly remodeled, clean, modern and had TILE flooring which is a big plus for me. Alba, the hotel assistant, was awesome and attended to our needs immediately. She was very friendly, accommodating and I never felt like she thought I was a bother when I asked for specific things. My daughter and I spent a lot of time at the beach and the hotel had a stock of chairs and towels for guests to use.
Minor details: our room was near the pool stairs so we had to keep our blinds closed as ppl can see in, floors weren't swept everyday so beach sand was a small issue and sheets weren't changed the whole time we were there which was an issue because of the sand. I would go back to the Blue Strawberry.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
BStrawberryMgr, Manager at Blue Strawberry by the Sea, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We welcome all guests to tell us about their stay and suggest improvements as our goal is to continually improve our property and overall guest experience. While we cannot do anything about the structure of the property and the fact that guests will walk by the windows, we absolutely can change our housekeeping standards to include more often bedding changes and daily sweeping of the floors. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

From the moment we checked in we felt welcome and comfortable. Danielle, the manager and her assistant , Alba were terrific. The hotel was clean, the help are friendly and hard working. Danielle is working hard to make improvements.she goes above and beyond to help the guests. The location is perfect .

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Our staff loves our hotel and our company and we are so glad that this is noticed by our guests. We look forward to your return next year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

Danielle the manager is so nice! As soon as we were there to check in she made us feel right at home! The room was a little out of date but they are doing renovations in each room. They supplied everything you would need in your kitchen and bathroom. They even had beach supplies to take on the go. I would highly recommend this place! All of that staff was super nice too! Especially Elena! My fiancée and I will definitely come back. Thank you blue strawberry for a great stay.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
BStrawberryMgr, Manager at Blue Strawberry by the Sea, responded to this review, March 29, 2015
We cannot thank you enough for your kind words and the fact that you took the time to post a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you staying with us again. As you know, we are doing our best to upgrade and renovate the rooms and we hope you will like the changes you see on your next visit.
Niagara Falls, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015 via mobile

BUYER BEWARE when booking this hotel!! We planned our vacation months in advance (booked 2 rooms in Aug 2014, for trip in March 2015).
We booked through an acclaimed website that guarantees your booking.
I called the hotel several times weeks before our trip, to get no answer, only a recording ,and left several messages on their answering machine.
One week exactly to our date we leave, the hotel contacted the booking site, saying they were overbooked, and had no room for us.
This left us scrambling for a room at the last minute, during March break.
The 3rd party booking agency said this hotel will be heavily fined by them, (by making them look bad) and will have to pay the difference in price of room we were forced to book at the last minute.
SHAME ON YOU, Blue Strawberry by the Sea!! I guess money talks, not previous guaranteed bookings!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
BStrawberryMgr, Manager at Blue Strawberry by the Sea, responded to this review, March 22, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Every review, good or bad, is welcomed as it offers us an opportunity to improve. We are so sorry that you were inconvenienced as a result of a recent overbooking situation that occurred at our hotel. While there is no excuse for what happened, we have recently changed management in order to stop things like this from happening in the future. In every hotel, especially one that is as popular as ours, these types of things may happen occasionallly but we assure you that we have taken the steps necessary to lessen the chances that these types of problems will happen again. We hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Been to Blue Strawberry by the Sea? Share your experiences!