“NY Sushi in the sun-” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
great neck, ny
“NY Sushi in the sun-”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Having been disappointed, and thereby avoiding sushi in Ft Lauderdale , for years this "hole in the wall", miniscule, restaurant located on A1A just North of Oakland Park Blvd has 2 tables for 4 plus a sushi bar for about 8, is a real find. Interesting decor, lights and music, and really good sushi. Don't be put off by what it looks like. We ate there twice! They have another locations in Florida and are opening a 2nd They are doing a lot right..

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fredonia, Kentucky
“Just Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I tried this place at the end of October upon the recommendation from a trusted friend that constantly rants and raves about it. I've come to the conclusion that my friend is insane, and that this place is not that special. Granted, there is nothing necessarily wrong with it. However, there is nothing particularly spectacular either. One of the previous reviewers exclaimed "Best Sushi ever!!!" I mean, if I'd never had sushi before and decided after my first time trying it that I love it- I'd agree with this statement. But it isn't the best sushi ever. Its decent sushi at a decent price.
The place is small and cramped. I'm shocked they were able to fit seats in there.
Their most important attribute is that they deliver. This is a nice service and there are plenty of residents in the area. But then again, I personally really don't like sushi when it is delivered. It can take a long time, it more often than not shows up lukewarm. For people that take the risk of ordering raw fish, sitting at room temperature, for potentially up to a whole hour, I just can't relate.
That all being said I do wish them the best, I personally will not be back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Heber, Arizona
“Best sushi of our lives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We have had a lot of sushi in different places from west coast to east coast and were pleasantly surprised at the taste of this sushi! We ate and ate until we couldn't any longer. We had a spider roll which was amazing, some octopus salad and a tuna dish which I wish I could recall the name. It is a spendy place, and very tiny inside but worth it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southwick, Mass
“Great little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

A fantastic little sushi place. Although the menu is small the choices are phenomenal! Nod the service is incredible. As my husband asked about how the scallop sushi is prepared he mentioned how he had it before, the chafes listening and made it exactly right We will return many times in the future

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Swanmore, United Kingdom
“Sushi to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My first time at sushi song, I will be back! The best sushi I have ever had! Fantastic food and a really cool vibe!