“Ok for overnight but not an awesome place” 3 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2460 State Rd. 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312   |
Ranked #95 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Santa Clara, California
“Ok for overnight but not an awesome place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed at this place for 1 night. The hotel rooms were small but decent. But the location looked a little shady. Good if you have early morning flight to catch and when travelling alone. The front desk was courteous but no frills.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Detroit, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night. This is a poor quality hotel with water leaking every where. Room was just ok like an below average quality motel. Poor quality bath towels and mattress sheets. No water provided or available anywhere near. Safe and convenient location though

Room Tip: Selecting second or third floor will be better for privacy and safety
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Burlington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotels was just ok, not in a location near anything. The room was missing the tub plug in both room we stayed pre and post cruise. The room staff were nice and desk staff were ok. The restaurant in hotel was not very good and I found it pricey. The shuttles to and from the cruise port and airport were good.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the lower level as the elevator was kind of sketchy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Full restaurant/room service in lobby and full bar.
Really nice service people here.

Free WiFi in room, king bed. Right on beautiful pool!

Zero problems here.

Cheapest chain motel is $53 + $3 WiFi. This beats it and this is definitely my new home here in Broward!!

Room Tip: I'm vegetarian so I'm not rating restaurant/bar are but menu is full, loks nie. No gym here
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We had a reservation at this hotel and from the moment we walked in we felt uncomfortable and disgusted. The lobby is out dated, with rude staff and old furniture. The rooms are TERRIBLE!! The sheets were dirty, there was dirt all over the floor, the bathroom was old, grimy, and smelly. There was not a lock on the door, a lot of strange and unusual peopl wondering around outside and right by our door. We checked in at 315pm and checked out by 3:30 the same day!! The only good thing about the place is the shuttle driver he was very helpful, funny and even drove us to another hotel that could accommodate us better. I wouldn't wish this hotel on my worst enemy.

• Stayed August 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Well I must say,,,,,I was planning my vacation for a few months and I decided to stay at this hotel, dispite all the bad reviews that I've seen,,,anyway I must say I worked at a hotel in Philadelphia where I lived,, I use to be a housekeeper and a headhousekeeper,,,am now working the front desk as a G.S.R ,,,while I was making my reservation I explained all of that to the receptionist,,I made the reservation a month before my check in date,,,,and all I ask was for a nice clean room,,,,I called the hotel and spoke to the manager, I explained to him that I worked at a hotel as well,,,,,all I ask for was to make sure that sheets,,blankets,spreads and shower curtain were fresh from the laundry because I know what to expect,,,they said yes, no problem they will make sure that am completely satisfied,,,I even called several time to remind them about the the condition that I would like to see the room in,,,,anyway, upon arrival,,I then spoke to the manager again, he said everything is o.k that he personally make sure that the room was guest ready,,,check in,,got my key and went to my room,, I started to check everything,first of all I notice the shower curtain had build up mildew stains all over it,,the tub was disgusting,,the sheets were clean but the spread and blanket, I could smell human sweat in them they were not fresh,,, I called the frontdesk and let them know,,it took them over half hour to send someone there to take care of the issue,,,I stayed there for seven days,, the housekeeping lady was great,,,,the frontdesk staff always seems to be bothered whenever I approach them for anything,,, I was not 100%satisfied because I could have stayed at my hotel for free,and its quite a few of them in fortlauderdale,and I choose not to. I spend almost $500 to stay at this hotel,,,I was travelling from out of state and with all the drama at the airport I was hoping to get a nice room where I could relax but it was the opposite,,I worked at a hotel and I know that,,,,we should make sure that our guests are completely satisfied,,especially when we know that they've made the reservation months ahead and is traveling from far, I know that they probably put me on the do not rent list,,but all I have to say is this,,,you are getting people's hard-earned money,,the least u could do is make sure that they are satisfied and that the room is 100%guest ready .....we are humans not pigs,,,I stayed there from5/10/13 to5/17/13 room 393.....

• Stayed May 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

i stayed at this place several times,i was glad to see they are making improvements! new floors,new room furniture,new bedding..however the bathrooms need a update.other than that i slept good,it wasn't no drama lol room service was friendly and frequent,the staff was cool as well!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!