“Inexpensive but more than satisfactory” 4 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2460 State Rd. 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312   |
Ranked #95 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
mille-isles
“Inexpensive but more than satisfactory”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Looking for a pre cruise layover, we first went here in 2011, and returned for another pre cruise layover in.2012. The rooms are not the palace, but were clean and we had no complaints for the rooms. The restaurant isn't the fanciest, but if you want a good Quebec breakfast it's great (me thinks the owners are from Quebec). The food is solidly good. The staff were very helpful. My wife had arranged for some boxes of school supplies to be send to Jamaica from her school up north and we had to ship them down, the hotel was very accomadating about allowing us to have them sent there beforehand and held, so we didn't have to bring them with us on the plane. Shuttles from the airport and to the cruise ships fast and efficient as well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Your staff was very helpful in accomidating our large group of 16 and more than helpful to me as I was in a wheelchair. Your handicap rooms and bathrooms were more than helpful for me.
Due to time restraints your staff made a room available for our large party to store our luggage while waiting for our ride to Miami port.
The restaurant serving portions were huge and could easily be shared with another person. The service was slow, but everything was cooked fresh. It would have been nice to have an area for watching TV and having drinks, however there is a nice bar next door where we were able to watch our beloved Denver Bronco's win their game over Kansas City Chiefs.
Your van service to and from the airport was a true blessinge for us and all of our luggage. The van drivers were very kind and made sure that everyone was comfortable.
Your employ, Chris, was exceedingly helpful from our first phone call to the end of our stay. He helped my husband with my handicap accomidations and arranging all of the rooms for our entire family.
In all you hotel staff made sure that our family Christmas Cruise was perfect from beginning to end.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near soda dispensers
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

From reading other's reviews, I entered with very low expectations. I booked this hotel on hotwire for $86. Hubby & i needed somewhere to stay after our flight from NYC. I called the hotel and asked for a free pick up from the airport. The receptionist said they'll be there in 10 minutes. I was waiting for over an hour. I didnt mind because the hotel was very busy because it was new years eve period.

Checking in was easy. The cleaning staff smiled at me as I passed them in the hallway. I was so surprised to see my room (215)! It looked brand new. The floors were sparkling clean, brand new flat screen TV with cable channels, a little desk and 2 chairs. My bed had fresh clean sheets. I was very satisfied for the price I paid.

I ordered a chili cheese burger from the restaurant downstairs, which was delicious.

The room was in the same style as a hilton or doubletree hotel.. I'll definitely come back if I can get the same price on hotwire : )

Room Tip: room 215 faces the front. but it was still quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The receptionists are not the friendliest, wifi did not work in room, had to stand outside door. Internet provided in the lobby free but no printer. Hotel next door has a good restraunt and store. However the price was ok with airport/cruiseport shuttle service. Nothing to do wuthin walking distance in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Desk clerk suggested that I use their computer to find a better rate online. RCI site didn't work so she told me to use Expedia. That site didn't work so she called Expedia for me. Very helpful!

On our return stay, at the end of the trip, the SWAT team came into the hotel which provided entertainment.

On two previous stays, I returned to the room to find the door standing open. I reported this to the desk clerk. From her reaction, I think that this happened often. I do not leave anything in my hotel rooms, so nothing was missing.

Rooms in the southwest corner are noisy since the maid station is nearby and they have loud conversations all night long. A semi truck business is located behind the hotel so this noise of them coming and going is common, in addition to the trucks loading and unloading in the hotel parking lot which makes it difficult to park to get to your room or leave.

Room Tip: A good value and close to airport, cruiseport and I-95. I would stay there again.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Newport Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Takeaway: a rundown stopover hotel for cruise ship and airport travelers. Only worth it if you get a great rate.

This is your basic cheapo motel that is well worn and rundown. The grounds are wet and poorly maintained. The rooms are simple and plain with linoleum floors. Mine smelled like someone just cooked dinner in it. And this place is NOISY. It is located right by a high traffic raised freeway that was busy even at 1 am. There is loud airport noise when the jets take off, but most hotels in this area would probably have that as well. The only real good point is the free shuttle that saves you $15. I would definitely stay somewhere else and gladly pay the $15. My Friday night rate from orbitz was $130, way too high for this place. $60 is reasonable for this level of motel. You would be much better served IMO at Ramada, Hampton or even Motel 6, all of which are closer to the airport and have shopping and food nearby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Woodbridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Only tried the restaurant here, but vowed never to come back. Horrrible!! Someone from behind the kitchen counter yelled at us to come in - because the sign on the half-opened door said "Closed". Waitress was friendly enough, but when we ordered ice cream for dessert, we were told to go and pick out an ice cream bar from the cooler in the corner. Wow! That was a new one!! It was hard to enjoy eating supper while the TV just overhead was blaring out endless episodes of "The Walking Dead" in all its gore. Conversation was almost impossible. The public washrooms in the lobby were disgustingly gross!! Never, never go there again!! Can't imagine what the rooms would have been like?!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!