“Good value but my door was found open after dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2460 State Rd. 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312   |
Ranked #96 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Florida
“Good value but my door was found open after dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

This was my 2nd stay. Don't leave valuables in the room. Both times, I returned from dinner to find my door standing open. A few small roaches in my friends' rooms but part of life in Florida. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms clean. Convenient, a good value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Not very clean...bugs all over the place...my car was broken into and a radio I had in the trunk was stolen while I slept...I asked the desk clerk if there was security he yes, an off duty cop...well he was off duty alright...don't believe in their security, it sucks. I will never stay ay any Red Carpet Inn again...I'll pay a little extra and stay at a decent hotel next time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We arrived after midnight, checkin was quick and the man behind the desk was friendly enough. The parking lot behind could be better lit but we parked under a lamp and went up to the room. The room itself was spotless but we found a roach in the bathroom and immediately went back to check out. Of course this was the middle of the night. The man behind the desk said 'no charge.' upon seeing the bill a few days later, we were charged and had to call kayak to get a refund. received said refund. Also I didn't really like the layout of the room with the tile instead of carpet, I thought that was bizarre. bottomline, look around.

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights and it was the worst vacation ever. Upon arrival it looked nice but when you really look around, cracks, rust, mildew, roaches. I ate at the restaurant attached and was sick most of my last day. I advise you not to stay here it really is bad. The pool is even dirty!!!!

Room Tip: Spend a few extra dollars and stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
elora
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

this hotel doesnt really care about their guests. front staff was very curt. our phone didnt work and required 3 requests to get a new one. The hotel does not have a baggage storage room or a late checkout so if you are catching a connecting flight late in the day, this hotel is not the best. The beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: book online for best rates
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

room recently refurbished. very clean, linens as expected. leave room by 9 in the morning as jets fly directly over you at 100 feet...they said it was close to the airport. checkin at 11:30 pm was in a couple of minutes. All in all was a great value.... the posts i read before we left made me real concerned.... none of them were true for us. no service from airport after 10:30, but i was already told that....trip to cruise ship was flawless. i would reccommend them way over motel 6 and super 8 that you will pass on way to this hotel.
tom

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Yet again I was worried about staying here after reading the reviews, I was worrying over nothing. On arriving the reception staff were very efficent and polite, the room was very clean and in good condition, also the restaurant was excellent.
Everyone who posts here only ever have negatives to say so you only ever hear the horror stories. So I thought I would take the time to write about our POSSITVE experience at the Red Carpet Inn

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!