You added Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL. to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   250 North Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
Redwood City, California
“Basic, but clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

After staying in several Hilton hotels in/around the Ft. Lauderdale area, this Hampton Inn is actually much better. The rooms are basic, but very neat, modern, and clean. I would stay here again over other Hilton hotels in Ft. Lauderdale. There is not much to walk to in the evening in the area, but not a problem if you have a car. The staff is nice. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms good sized. My only complaint would be about the fact that the breakfast was poorly stocked when we were there. It was a bit messy and out of several items. I'm sure they would have re-stocked it if we had stuck around. I was fine with cold cereal. Breakfast is complimentary for everyone. As a Gold member, we got a room on the top floor, 2 drink coupons, and a free snack. Good job, Hampton.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank-You for choosing the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale City Center - Downtown. I am always delighted to read reviews that offer extensive feedback. This way I am able to offer a pat on the back to my team with a little constructive criticism in efforts to improve for your next stay! At the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale City Center / Downtown we do try very hard to ensure every guest is treated like an individual and your stay is memorable. We did just add a full service bar with food items on the second floor that has proven to be a real hit with our guests! We are just a few short blocks to Trendy Las Olas Blvd. which boasts over 40 restaurants and boutique shopping... If you do not want to walk a taxi is about $5.00 / 5 minutes away ( very convenient ).

Thank-You for your positive comments! I look forward to seeing you and your colleagues during your next trip to Fort Lauderdale!

Safe Travels,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
North Port, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great location for our visit to the Ft. Lauderdale Int'l Boat Show. Easy reservation, offers no fee cancellation within 24 hours prior. Easy check in, received complimentary drink for business trip. Room was very good, comfortable temp, comfortable bed. Check out was exceptionally easy. Complimentary breakfast offered everything you could ask for. Definitely recommended! My only complaint would be the rate of the room which was a shocking 50% higher than if I stayed the very next week.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello from Fort Lauderdale ,

Thank-You for choosing the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale City center / Downtown. You are correct! We are a great location in proximity to so many things ( The Fort Lauderdale Boat Show , fortune 500 companies, Trendy Las Olas , Fort Lauderdale Beaches and so much more ). Our rates do fluctuate given supply and demand. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that my team treated you well.

I do look forward to seeing you on our next trip to Fort Lauderdale!

aliso viejo, ca, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

very nice for a quick turn around ( 1 or 2 days, business room good for 30 to 60 people, breakfast okay, not special, value okay, expected a little lower rate for the time of year, no shuttle to airport, around a $20.00 cab ride. Overall I would give it a (B-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings from sunny Fort Lauderdale -

I am excited that you took the time to share your experience with us. I see that you visited us during our Fort Lauderdale Boat Show which is a great annual event that sells the area plus some out ( hence the higher rates ) . I am glad that you enjoyed yourself and the area. Our hotel is just few blocks or a $5.00 / 5 minute taxi ride away from Trendy Las Olas which has great shopping and restaurants!

I do look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale!

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stay at this location pretty much every week for business and the staff and management is superb. Cheryl and her staff are very special people. They have been very accommodating to me and my company. The hotel is very clean, very nice and a great location!

I would recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank-You for choosing the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale City Center / Downtown. As you know as one of our regulars we do try to make everyone of our guests experiences personal and memorable. We love what we do and it shows ... Hopefully, while you are in town you have a chance to spend a little time on Las Olas that is only a few short blocks from us that boasts over 40 restaurants and boutique shopping . A nice little get away after a hard day at the office!

I hope to see you and your colleagues on your next stay at the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale City center / Downtown!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Hampton Inn at City Center had everything that we look for in a hotel and we were pleasantly surprised! It was clean, staff were helpful and accommodating, and the hotel and parking garage felt very safe and secure. We were in town for only 1 day for an event but wish we would've stayed longer! From the moment we walked in, we felt catered to. We were put on a waiting list for an early check in and able to get in our room a little earlier than normal. I didn't catch the guys name who assisted us but he was great (afternoon of 11/2/13)! The front desk staff even gave a courtesy call to make sure we were completely satisfied with our room. The free breakfast buffet was much more than we expected; not just a continental breakfast, but hot foods such as eggs, sausage, and french toast sticks. The pool and jacuzzi area looked very nice, unfortunately we did not get to use it this trip! The room had a refrigerator and microwave. The lobby bar on the 2nd floor was nice, we would have gone sooner, but it didn't open until 5. The 2 free drink tickets were a nice treat! The entertainment area full of bars, restaurants, and museums are a quick cab ride or walk away. We ended up walking to everything. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Hello from Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

Thank-You for your comments! We are a great value and offer amenities that prove to have a cost savings benefit. Complimentary breakfast , shuttle for two to Port Everglades, free wifi , two free drink tickets at check in for our brand new full service bar with tapas food items as well as a Shop and Drop package that offers a shopping and meal gist card along with other goodies... definitly something to look into!

I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

While on business we stayed four nights at this property. As others have reviewed the location to the airport, Las Olas and the Riverfront is great. Exceptionally clean and wonderful bed/bedding.
David at the front desk was exceptionally accommodating. The breakfast served is very good for yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, muffins, oat meal and waffles. The scrambled eggs were weird and the potatoes were tasteless. The pool area is very nice and well maintained. Overall it is an excellent property for the money. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had four rooms on the 8th floor. All were fine with pleasant views. One was adjacent to the ele...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Greetings from Fort Lauderdale -

I am always excited to read a review with some meat and potatoes to it ... the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale City Center is centrally located right in the heart of downtown Fort Lauderdale! Just moments from Trendy Las Olas and the Riverfront. Great Location! Easily walk-able or a $5.00 / 5 minute taxi ride ... Our rooms are exceptionally clean with great attention to detail as I believe I do have the best housekeeping director out there ... She loves what she does! My staff truly loves what they do ... The entire team goes above and beyond daily to ensure great service and personal attention. I do hope to see you on your next trip to Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

October 23, 2013
Kelley Malone
Fort Lauderdale- City Center/Downtown
Dear Ms. Malone,
I want to tell you about one of your wonderful employees.
Her name is Kelley Matera. Kelley is a really great representative for your company.
Kelley has wonderful customer service skills and she makes the customers (like me) feel like a million dollars.
I had a special request (high floor, two beds, etc) and Kelley was able to accommodate my needs.
I only fly Delta. I only rent cars from Avis, I own a Volvo and I love staying at the Hampton Inn on North Andrews Avenue when I am in Fort Lauderdale. I am super brand loyal to Delta, Avis,Volvo and Hampton Inn/Hilton.
I am brand loyal to those four brands because of people like Kelley Matera.
Please tell Kelley how much I appreciate the kind way that she treated me.
I am so very impressed with Kelley.
Please give her some gold stars.
Thank you.
jDS
PLEASE TURN THE MUSAC OFF IN THE BREAKFAST AREA IN THE MORNING. THE TELEVISION IS BLARING AND THE MUSAC IS BLARING AND IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS... I HAVE ASKED SEVERAL OF YOUR STAFF IF THEY WOULD PLEASE TURN THE MUSAC OFF DURING BREAKFAST. NOBODY SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS. THANK YOU FOR MEETING WITH ME.. JDS Gainesville Florida

Room Tip: Ask Kelley to help you get a nice room. Kelley is a really great staff person at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

I appreciate the time you took to write a review and note one of our shining star employees... Kelly is a keeper for sure! At the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale City Center we always try to ensure great service with the emphasis on individual attention and exceeding and anticipating your needs! As for the musac... This was resolved within moments of your request after we met! Thank-You for brining it to my attention ... I do understand your frustration.