“An interesting choice - a great vacation!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Lush Royale

You added Hotel Lush Royale to your Saves list
Hotel Lush Royale
2.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   2901 Terramar Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“An interesting choice - a great vacation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We spent a lot of time reviewing a bunch of places before settling on Hotel Lush Royale. Reviews have been mixed, which made me cautious. I can honestly say that I was very pleased with our stay here for the price point and value provided. This is a specialty, unique kind of hotel...not many cater to the gay specific market the way Lush Royale does. For the niche served (gay only, clothing optional), the premises are beautiful. Lush tropical gardens and calm, quiet spaces make for a great getaway. Very neat and clean, although an older facility in transition with more modern upgrades in progress...this is good, they care. Personally, I LOVE the mix of retro and modern accommodations. Also, two swimming pools plus a hot tub give lots of options to relax in the water. For the five days we spent here, it was wonderful. Met new friends, had a great time, service was attentive...if you want to enjoy premium comfort and facilities on a budget, this is th e place. I'm confident that as the renovations continue, the prices will go up (as they should, simple economics). Thanks to Rick and Jamie for a great stay!

Room Tip: Just a few blocks away from the main coastal highway (A1A)...reasonable cab ride to Wilton Manors or...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for five nights in early April 2015. Basic room though small was very clean Breakfast was adequate though breakfast room was cramped if more then one person was in it at a time. Staff was very accommodating and parking ample. I'd definitely go back

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Mount Dora, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed a couple of nights and was so relaxed it was difficult to leave. I'll be back!! Not far from the beach, ample parking and security to enhance the relaxed environment. This was my first stay, but it won't be my last. I enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Upon my arrival, I was pleasantly surprised to find a well kept courtyard area with pools, jacuzzi and background music. The room, a double king (#23), was spartan and clean. I tested the bed and it was hard as a rock. An old mattress that needs to be replaced. Since I arrived after 6pm the mgmt had left the property. The first night I did not sleep at all due to the hardness of the mattress. The next morning I spoke with the manager Rick and shared with him my night of no sleep. He attempted to locate a mattress "topper" but no luck. The remainder of my stay was on the hard mattress and very little sleep. But I must say that the rest of the hotel and staff more than made up for the mattress issue. Both Jaime and Carlos made my stay very pleasant. Morning breakfasts were nice and the staff very friendly and social. I will come back to the Lush but hope that by then the mattresses will have been replaced.

Room Tip: request a room in the newer "back" bldg if you want a newer more comfortable mattress-per...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My partner and I booked one of their suites. Upon arrival I went to unpack and found a used "personal hygiene cleanser" in the top drawer. While the cleaners may look under the bed they are not looking in the drawers. Also, the toilet leaked the entire 6 nights, when reported the attendant, he noted it but nothing was done. We had to use our very scarcely issued towels to keep the leak at bay. There was an ash tray full of cigarette butts on the balcony, which I emptied. Our room was not cleaned one day, even though it had the "please clean" sign up all day except for 20 minutes when I had to use the bathroom. You had to ask for pool towels often if you were not issued one, and often they were locked up in the office for some reason. Finally, when we checked out and arrived at the airport, I realized I forgot an article of clothing. I immediately called the LR office and asked if it could be shipped to my home because I did not have time to leave Security at the airport to pick it up. I was assured that it would be shipped. After that I called every two weeks asking if my jacket was shipped. It was as if I never stayed there because no one seemed to know what I was talking about. Never saw it again, never will stay there again. I hope North Beach Resorts gets their act together because they will be losing business.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed one night but would have loved to stay much more. We've stayed in other resorts in the area, some are very outdated and not so clean. Lush Royale was fantastic! Apparently there have been many updates. Clean, well maintained, a wonderful new bed in our room. The staff was very friendly and helpful (thank you Jamie!). Both pools are beautiful. This is a peaceful, relaxing resort. If you want dance parties and slamming door, stay somewhere else please! The relaxing, upbeat atmosphere sets this one apart! The other guests were friendly and there were many enjoyable conversations by the pool. Easy walk to the beach, dinning and shops. Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a King standard. Large and comfortable, bathroom was very clean, but on the smaller si...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

Last fall, I flew to Fort Lauderdale and stayed at the Lush Royale for a few nights. Upon arriving, the host seemed nice and friendly, and he apologized profusely for the iron burn in the carpet. It was not a big deal, and the room was nice enough. It had a full kitchen with a coffee maker, stove, fridge and microwave. Although the bathroom seemed old-fashioned, it had a 30's or 40's charm about it. The decor was neither particularly fresh nor contemporary, but it sufficed, and the king-size bed was very relaxing. The pool area was filled with tropical trees and flowers and had some nice lounge chairs. However, not many guys stayed around during the day. I wasn't sure where they went, but they may have gotten day passes at the other resorts or simply have gone to the beach. Breakfast was continental, so there wasn't just a lot of food to choose from, but there were some good muffins to be had. Given the quiet atmosphere, it would have been nice had there been a cocktail hour around 6p like they have at some gay resorts to facilitate more connections between guests. Parking at the inn was very convenient, and it was easy to zip over the bridge to the bars in Wilton Manors. I would likely stay here again, but I might check out another place the next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: I recommend a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Lush Royale? Share your experiences!