“Amazing staff and resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Lush Royale

Save Saved
You added Hotel Lush Royale to your Saves list
Hotel Lush Royale
2.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   2901 Terramar Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Orlando, Florida
“Amazing staff and resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed here many times before- it is beautiful, the staff is gracious and the rooms are top notch. Every time I have been here, the stay has been consistent with cleanliness and stellar service. Whether by yourself or with a partner or friends, this is hands down one of the best places to stay in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear ppjr2,

You are an amazing guest! Thank you, we miss you already!! It's so helpful for you letting the Trip Advisor audience know what a great time you have here visit after visit! Have a great remainder of the summer and we hope to see you soon!

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked a standard queen room at Hotel Lush Royale in March 2014 for a week. After I had unpacked and moved everything into the room, I noticed that it had a strong smell of mold. So strong that it was burning my eyes.

Talked to the guy on duty who said no problem, we'll move you into our King suite tonight until we get someone to shampoo the carpet in your room the next day. Great, I figure we have a suite until the next day, so I don't bother unpacking figuring I would have to pack everything up again.

The next day, I expected someone would be knocking on my door telling me that my original room is ready for occupancy. I obviously couldn't do much or go anywhere since I would have to move that day. Not something I wanted on a vacation, but I figured they were getting my room ready, so I waited until about 10 in the morning to ask around. When I finally found someone who knew what was happening, he said, Oh, you're staying in the king suite another night. It's 2PM, and I've wasted my whole day waiting for an answer. Fine, I figured the shampooing/cleaning was taking longer...no problem, tomorrow everything would be perfect.

On the following day, I was still in limbo, not knowing if I had to move, or if my original room was ready. I asked at the office if they finished shampooing the rug in my original room. The guy said We didn't shampoo the rug. Oh, then I'm staying in the king suite another night? No, you can't stay in there it's a $300 a night (or whatever the price was) room. Ok, so can I move back into my original room? No, we rented it out, and the people who have it haven't moved out yet. Well, I'll just keep my things in the king room until mine's ready. You can't do that because we rented it out, and we have to clean it for the people who are coming in. So you're telling me that you rented out the room I paid for ($1100 in advance by the way), and the king suite is also rented, but I can't wait there? Where am I suppose to put my things? Is your car parked nearby?

At that point, I nearly lost it. Keep in mind this is way after 12, and I've wasted another day on my vacation, I couldn't even go to the beach because of the limbo I was in. So, I foolishly asked don't you have another room for me? Let me check, he said. I never moved my things out of the king room, because who knows where I might end up. Maybe a half-hour later, he said he found a room for me at "Another Property of ours." This other property was about 3 blocks away and was called the Reef. Faced with the possibility of not getting back into my original room until about 3PM, and possibly still having the mold issue, I settled for the other property figuring it was comparable to the hotel and room I left. Did I ever make a mistake!

I won't go into all the details, but keep in mind that Lush Roayle is a gay mans resort, the Reef is an apartment with families and kids. Kind of run down and noisy with no hot tub and screaming children in the pool. The room was small, with no closet, and it was infested with ants. We had to hunt for housekeeping the second day because the beds were never changed and the towels were not replaced.

The bottom-line is the people at Lush Royale only care about money, not customer service. When I suggested I should get a refund, I was told that I should be happy I was able to stay in the king suite without being charged extra. I would give it one star, but the office staff at the Reef couldn't have been nicer, so I gave it two. I thought of writing a letter to the owner/manager, but it's owned by some hedge fund, so you'll never get to anybody who has influence, and maybe that's why they're so money-conscious to keep the profits up for the hedge fund.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gordon A
When reading our reviews I hope you understand and see “this is not the norm” and hear me when I say I am sorry your experience was not to our standards at all. I wished you had said something or asked for the management team while you were here 4 months ago. We do everything we can to please and then arrange problem solving steps to insure all of our guest are happy from beginning to end. The Team at Hotel Lush Royale and The Entire North Beach Village Group hope that you find this was a onetime thing and you decide to visit us again.
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We checked in for the second time this summer, for a pre-cruise stay. Having been a frequent guest since the heyday of the original Royal Palms in the late 90's and early 2000's, it has always been a pleasure to return to the property. Yes, under the new ownership things have changed. No more orchid plants and blossoms in the rooms. The original wing rooms are being redecorated a piece at a time, and not for the better. Very well coordinated original expensive furnishings (yes, maybe a little dated) are being replaced with a mix of IKEA, used furniture from another property and wrinkled bed skirts. High quality iron table and upholstered seat chair sets are now a combination of a used wood table and white painted side chairs. Hopefully the completed project will have some feeling of cohesiveness.
We had requested a particular room and were informed upon check in that the floor in the room upstairs was being replaced with a tile floor. The work went on until after 9:00 p.m. that evening! A courtesy call beforehand would have helped. Because of the 4th of July weekend there were not options for another room for all three nights of our stay.
The staff continue to be very helpful and hard working, especially Rai and Robert. The room was very clean and the linen crisp. Housekeeping was consistent throughout our stay.
The 4th was marked with snacks and drinks at the pool. A good touch. The pool in the original wing continues to be the conversation spot for the guests, again a great mix of Floridians, guys from around the U.S., and international travelers.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Richstpete,
Thanks for being a repeat guest, we always appreciate the loyalty. During the off-season, the orchids are not placed in the rooms but as you saw, there are an amazing amount of blooming orchids all over the property for all to enjoy! The fact you come back each and every year means a lot to us, and we look forward to seeing you really soon. For being a senior contributor, we thank you again and best wishes till we see you again!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice property overall, although a bit on the quiet side (even over a holiday weekend). Word is that there is more activity at some of the nearby places. So this may or may not be a good thing depending on your preferences. Staff was very friendly overall, and the King Suite was fantastic - basically a nice-sized one-bedroom apartment, and there's an adjoining room to make it a 2-bedroom. It appeared recently renovated, and we had a patio door right out to the pool. The bed was very comfortable. On the down side, the bathroom was a little on the small side and the water pressure in the shower was very weak. Also, there was only one semi-one usable electric outlet near the bed - it was behind, and the bed frame made it difficult/impossible to use certain adapters.

And the one big complaint that cost the hotel a star on our rating was that our room was never made up (it was a 2-night stay). Sure we had the do not disturb on for part of the morning, but we took it down before we left for lunch and even asked management to have someone make up the room when it hadn't been done by mid-afternoon. We asked again late afternoon and was told the housekeepers had already left. Fortunately, we were at least able to get fresh towels.

Room Tip: Corner King Suites in the north building on the ground level by the pool are great!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Skier74,
Thank you for all the kind words and your review. The one big selling feature for us at HLR is the quite oasis that we create. Fort Lauderdale has so much going on that it is easy to have fun and frolic all over…then come back to unplug! The room you stayed in was just remodeled and we thank you for the tips on making more “user friendly”. The building was built in the early 50”s and unfortunately they did not believe in designing big bathrooms at the beach!! As far as the confusion on housekeeping, please except our apologies.
We are so glad you got to experience the King Pool Suites…they are the Best!! We look forward to seeing you soon.Have a great summer in New York City!
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've stayed at a few of the places within a 4 block radius, but never here and wondered what it had to offer. I was so pleased with everything and everyone - the place is very well manicured and clean, as well as the rooms - attention to detail all around. Andrew and the staff we so nice and always asked if there was anything they could do for me. My visit was only for 4 days, but I will definitely stay here again when I have more time. Thanks for a great first time!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Scottie419,
Thank you for the kind words and fantastic review. First timers always end up our regulars! We are happy you found us and we also look forward to seeing you in the near future for more time. Have a great summer in Staten Island and see you soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our stay over the Fourth of July holiday weekend. Ray and all of the staff go above and beyond to make guests feel welcomed. The grounds are well cared for, and our room was spacious and modern. The bed was exceptionally comfortable, and the shower is large and decadent. The pool scene is fun, with guys coming into Fort Lauderdale from literally all over the world. Lush Royale has a relaxing, chill vibe that makes for a great vacation. You can easily walk to the gay beach and to various restaurants and bars. Overall we recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for this amazing review!! We love when the senior contributors continue to help guest make better informed decisions. The entire staff here extend a big thank you for staying with us and recommending us so highly to the TripAdvisor visitors. We look forward to seeing you soon!!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here. The first time was great. Rai and Andrew were extremely helpful and very accommodating. The second time I stayed there Rai was there in the morning and I never saw Andrew. I was so happy that Rai was still there. However there was a new staff member who was nice but did not provide the same level of service. I would not hesitate to come back if Rai and Andrew were there. That being said, I like the soft music and laid back atmosphere there.

Room Tip: If you want a big room, ask to stay in the new back section. If you like tropical feel, ask to stay...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
NorthBeachVillage, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Neil M
Thank you for the fantastic review! I am happy to tell you that myself along with Rai, Jaime and Rick are still here and happy to service! Sorry I missed you, but all of us in the North Beach Village family look forward to your next “staycation ”with us again! Andrew

Been to Hotel Lush Royale? Share your experiences!