“It's really true!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Lush Royale

Booking.com Priceline.com
Hotel Lush Royale
2.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   2901 Terramar Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Dallas, Texas, United States
“It's really true!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I spent four nights in Ft Lauderdale last month. The whole trip was intended as a break from my routines ... a chance to try something new. Booking the Hotel Lush Royale was largely a stab in the dark, but a choice I made because of the exceptionally high rating on Tripadvisor. I prepared myself for some minor disappointment under assumption that these reviews were overblown.
I was wrong.
My stay there was entirely pleasant, the gardens are even more inviting than the photos suggest, and the staff treated me like an honored family friend. I cannot remember a time when I was more relaxed.
In fact, I would caution any daydreamer (such as I am) to carefully secure their most critical travel items (phone, keys, credit cards). In my happy haze of relaxation I managed to lose all of them. Nothing was stolen ... I just kept forgetting where I put them. Normally I find things by remembering what i was doing when I had them last, but I just didn't seem to have that frame of reference in this little paradise, where I was free to do anything I wanted, whenever I wanted.
Everything I have read here about the friendliness and attention extended by the staff is also true. When was the last time you remembered every staff member by name, and every staff member knew you? Andrew, Rae, David and Robert seemed to always be on the lookout for my needs and went the extra mile several times - including a trip back back to the hotel after hours when I lost my room key.
I left afterwards with a satisfaction in accomplishing my purpose of taking a break. I was still left with one question ... what do you do when you find an orchid in your toilet bowl every morning?
Thanks for a great stay!
Tim

Room Tip: I had room 26. It's the one with the spiral staircase leading up to the room. Great view of th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Good Morning Tim,
We are so glad you decided to take a chance on Hotel Lush Royale! You were a pleasure to have here with us.Thank you for your kind words and we all try so hard to make the experience here a memorable one for all! Your happy haze of relaxation is what we deliver, hopefully you found everything and all is OK! We all look forward to your next visit with us and wish you a happy autumn season. Till then, take care!

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My partner, me and my best friend had such a great time, we literally did not want to leave. Can't wait to come back and already checking my schedule to plan our next stay. The staff goes above and beyond to make us feel really comfortable

• Stayed September 2013
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Victor,
Wow, thank you for the title of your review and your kind words. We are so very happy you experienced HLR with your partner and best friend. You guys are great; it's nice to see our guests enjoy themselves so much. We also can't wait to see you all again.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My partner, Ken and I recently stayed at the Lush Royale before and after a Caribbean cruise. We were coming from several days at Disney World where we had been planning on staying one more night but the children won and we cut our stay short. Since we had no reservations Ken drove while I got on Yelp and Trip Advisor. Amazingly I found the Hotel Lush Royal and was able to book a standard room online. Within 30 min I received a call on my cell phone from the hotel confirming our reservation and our arrival time. We were greeted by Rae who advised us he upgraded our standard room to the Pool Suite. It was a completely relaxing and exactly what we needed, so much so that we booked two more days at the resort after our cruise before returning home to San Francisco.
PS. They are currently doubling their size by expanding into the adjacent property that will feature two bedroom suites. They look like they are going to be wonderful.

Room Tip: Royal Suite or the Pool Room.
Dear John &Ken,
I so happy you both had a great vacation and took the time to review Trip Advisor where you found us.While you had to cut your Disney World trip short, HLR is happy you found the relaxing time you needed before and after your cruise.We are anticipating the addition of 16 rooms to our tropical oasis here and we look forward to your next getaway with us! I love the catch phrase
"Lush Royaled" I hope you don't mind if I adopt it!! Enjoy the upcoming autumn in San Francisco!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Extremely friendly and personable staff. Made sure our every need was met. In the palm suite had an amazing view and great balcony up the spiral staircase. A little piece of paradise. Wonderful for a perfect getaway. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Marc33189,
Thank you for your great review. Yes, the Royale Pool Suite is the greatest tropical views of our piece of paradise. I’m so glad you both enjoyed the room. The entire staff here at HLR looks forward to seeing you again.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed for the weekend after returning from a cruise. We were not ready to return home after the cruise and needed a couple more days of relaxation and pampering. This is exactly what we got at the HLR. We arrived a little early since our ship docked at 09:00, but David and Andrew were extremely accommodating. They did everything possible to make us feel welcome and get us into our room as early as possible. By 10:30 we had toured the facility, checked into our lovely room and relaxing in the pool.

The gardens are so lovely, we completely relaxed and thought we were in heaven. This was until Rai came out with cocktails and cool eucalyptus towels for our faces. This was beyond heaven. We could not have imagined more personal caring experiences or staff.

I am not sure we could stop saying great things about this facility. It was the perfect experience. We were looking for quaint and relaxing, and we got it. All the guests were made to feel like family, and the atmosphere created made it easy to socialize with everyone there and enjoy spending time with guest's from all over.

The staff; Andrew, Rai, David, and Richard were so amazing. All the way home my partner and I were discussing how and when we can get back to HLR. We would recommend this location to any of our friends and family.

Thanks so much for a great stay.....

Ron and Dan, Lexington SC

Dear scmedman,
Thank you for the great review! Relaxation and pampering is what we do best. I glad you found it “beyond” heaven with our cocktail hour, pampering and the fantastic team we have. We are always striving to make everyone’s experience a memorable one. The oasis here is a perfect setting to socialize and find new friends. Ron and Dan, we look forward to seeing you again. Rai, Rick, David and I thank you for all your kind words. See you soon!
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My partner David and I were looking for beach locations not too far from our home in Atlanta. Neither of us had ever been to Ft. Lauderdale, but had seen our fair share of the state of Florida. When you live in Georgia places like Panama City Beach, Destin, and Seaside are all in every Georgia beach goers registry.
But we wanted something new. After reading the reviews and looking at the pictures of the property we decided on a 6 night stay at Hotel Lush Royale. Literally a 5 minute walk, (or less but it's technically 2 blocks), from the beach. Perfect. While my partner can't sit still for very long I had always been the type to lounge on the beach for hours on vacation.
The flight was a little over an hour and a half from Atlanta. We grabbed the rental and drove to the property.
Upon arrival we were greeted by Rai, (pronounced Ray), the gorgeous front desk manager. We left our bags in the office and he gave us a tour of the hotel. I had seen the pictures, and I know it's cliche, but they did not prepare me for how strikingly exuberant this oasis truly is.
The vegetation surrounding the interior of the hotel is rich and dense. Orchids and blooms abound in every nook and cranny of this place.
We checked in late that afternoon, having missed our first flight.
We awoke the next day to a variety of breakfasts in the kitchen. I am a late riser when I do not set an alarm so I was thankful there was fresh coffee and a variety of cereals, bagels, muffins, an assortment of other pastries, and the option to order from their sister hotel's menu, well after 10 am. I always grabbed coffee and a blueberry muffin so I can't speak to how well the food is from the menu.
I was certain that I would be on the beach all day, everyday, but that first day after having breakfast beside their pool I thought I'd try laying out there first. It. was. incredible. Music played at just the right level from the speaker system and you are covered by sun and surrounded by green. Around 2ish Rai came around with a cool towel and a cocktail. Earlier he had given us an extensive run down on when and where to frequent the club and bar scenes. David isn't into that at all but after seeing that Deborah Cox was singing at The Manor I knew I had to go. And I did. And she werked. it. out. Definitely find out the right nights from Rai and visit The Manor while you are in Ft. Lauderdale.
Primanti Brothers Pizza Grill is a short walk from Hotel Lush Royale and open late. They only accept cash but there is an ATM on site. Known for their excellent slices, I opted instead for the best tuna salad sandwich I had ever eaten.
But back to the Hotel. The rooms were always immaculately cleaned and suited with fresh towels for the shower and pool in a timely manner.
On the second or third day of laying out by the pool I had realized I hadn't even put my toes in the sand. This is very uncommon for me. I have been to other hotels in Florida where there were pools, beautiful pools, and only got close to them when I passed on the way to lay out at the beach. I never lay out at the pool on beach vacations.
But here it was different. It was calm. And everything you needed was right there. I'll let the photos speak for themselves, but in all honesty it was the amazing staff and the way in which they kept the grounds. Being surrounded by that kind of foliage, a myriad of fat, green leaves and orchids in every color of the rainbow, beat the hell out of the ocean and sand at the beach.
I could go on and on about how much my partner and I loved this place. Rai and Andrew were always in good spirits and willing to help with anything they could.
I can't way to go back, "because it's what? Sickening!"

Dear Zac P,
I can’t tell you how happy we are with your review of Hotel Lush Royale! Thank you for all your kind words. I am so glad your introduction to Fort Lauderdale started at HLR. This tropical oasis where you enjoyed the lush blooming interiors of our property sounds as if it set the stage for a great 6 night stay! While here you both looked as if you were having the time of your life. It is always nice to see our guests get out and about to enjoy Fort Lauderdale. Many guests tell us how hard it is to leave the atmosphere we have, the music; waterfalls and the privacy just embellish you! The night life and restaurants are abundant and it sounds like you got to some of our best! Rai, I and the entire staff can’t wait to see both you and David again! Quoted from you.... “because it’s what” sickening.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is my first trip back to the Lush Royale since Jeff left for retirement. Andrew, the new manager of the hotel, has followed in Jeff's footsteps. Everything about my stay was wonderful. The rooms are exceptionally clean, the pool is spotless with music and late afternnon cocktails, and the staff is superb. Raibelis, the new front staff person is charming and witty. It is always a pleasure to be treated like you are family and returning home. Keep up the good work Andrew.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear DavidG,
As always, we love it when you come home to Hotel Lush Royale. Your always a pleasure to have here. The entire staff considers you as family. Thank you so much for the fantastic review, your words of encouragement and your continuous support to our hotel. Raibelis is a great addition to our dedicated staff and like all of us, have the sincere goal to make our quests feel you’re at home while you’re with us. We look forward to your next “escape” from Chicago and wish you a great end to your summer! Till next time DavivdG!

Been to Hotel Lush Royale? Share your experiences!