“Just the worst!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Franklin
“Just the worst!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The room was not as advertised. It implied it was a suite with two seperate areas. The bed was an old spring bed, not comfortable. Bathroom ammenities were extremely small and not enough for two people. No bath mat, just a bar of soap sitting on the side of the tub. Had to call desk at 12:30 because the ice machine next door was so loud. Her first response was, "Well I can't turn off the ice machine". Asked to be moved so in the middle of the night had to pack up, fortunately it was the same floor. One of the elevators was broken and I felt so bad for the elderly people waiting for it. After registering in they came looking for us to sign a paper we'd already signed. Upon registering we were given a "goodie" bag and thanked for being a member. It contained some coupons, one bottle of water and a granola bar....seriously! Would never come here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TheresaC876, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2014

954 315 2900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was in the area in a business trip, called the hotel and I got a good rate for the night. front desk employees very nice and helpfull. room was very clean and in a good condition. I requested extra towells and housekeeping brought it to my room very quick.

Room Tip: call hotel to make reservations
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Chevy Chase, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is an easy find from I-95 south. It is an attractive property with all of the amenities to be expected of a budget-friendly one night stay. It is quite close to the cruise ship terminal at Port Everglades, and within a few minutes drive of a variety of pleasing restaurants.

We stayed here in April of this year so that we could catch a cruise ship to the western Caribean and Panama Canal. While you will not find Four Star accomodation, neither will you shell out Four Star bucks. With a week of luxuriating aboard a modern cruise liner ahead, a little prudent parsimony is not out of line.

We found everything about this property entirely satisfactory, which is why we are booked again for January of 2014 for all of these same reasons. I suppose a return visit might be taken as about as high a recommendation as can be given.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Stone Mountain, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I made an online reservation for July 26-28, 2013 for my mom. Upon checking in, the young lady at the front desk advised "YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE YESTERDAY"! I went to retrieve the conformation I printed offline, she spoke with the the manager and came back out and advised us that she updated our reservation for the correct dates. After going in to the hotel, it was a bit dated, and had a slight smell. Nothing horrible, but a bit stuffy. I decided that I would check out based on the lack of customer service, and honestly this location could use a few upgrades. We went outside to check for other area hotels. I came back in to cancel the additional nights, guess what: she only booked us for one night. If I had gone out on today, leaving my things behind, there's no telling what would have become of my personal items. The young lady had already clocked out and gone for the day. It could have been an accident, but I don't believe that it was. She seemed to be in a bit of a bad mood initially and I guess we didn't make it any better by checking in (with an error on the booking dates, with my confirmation clearly having the correct dates). One person can ruin a chain's reputation with his/her attitude.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience while a guest at our hotel. I am sorry your experience was not a good one. We are in the process of renovating our public areas and guest rooms and I can only hope that if you travel back to our area you will give us another try.

Again, thank you and hopefully we will see you again in the future.
Crown Point, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

The woman at the desk was very nice and let me check in at 9:00 am. However, the carpets in the hallway were bleach stained. The pool is small and the hot tub was a cold tub, literally. The TV in the room is from the early 90's, I'd bet. The carpet in the room is atrocious looking, and they went with red and green paint in the room for some strange reason. The location is average. It's about 30 miles from Miami, 15 from Sawgrass Mills Mall, and 20 to the airport.

• Stayed May 2013
I can only hope you will allow us to be of service to you again should you travel back to our area. We are renovation our public areas and guest rooms. We have already put in brand new flat panel tvs and will be updating our guest rooms within the next month.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your experience was while a guest at our hotel. If you do come back to our hotel again I know you will see a difference.
retiredJB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

They sent two large vans to the airport to pick up our group of about 30. I am pretty sure our tour leader gave them advance warning. The staff were pleasant and ready for us. Check-in went smoothly.Two slow elevators and no staff to help deliver bags to room, but we all finally made it.

There were a few restaurants nearby - Burger King, a BBQ restaurant, and a chicken restaurant within sight of our window.

Although our even numbered room was parallel to a large, busy road, we were not disturbed during the night with the help of the a/c running. They did provide a coffeemaker in the room, although they only left us only one cup, which we didn't discover until morning.

They offered the free standard breakfast spread. No comparison to breakfasts in Europe, but sufficient to get you going.

The Inn provided two vans to take us to the Port of Ft. Lauderdale the next morning. It only took about 7 minutes to get there and they dropped us right at the luggage delivery area.

Room Tip: The odd numbered rooms are on the parking lot side. May be quieter overall.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Stevensville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were two couples traveling together and only needed to stay for one night 5/1/13. We checked in late (9:00) after a late flight in to Fort Lauderdale airport. I called ahead to say that we would be arriving late and the front desk were waiting for us. They recommened a restaurant nearby (Flannigan's) that was fabulous. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. Take my word for it, stay at the Comfort Inn!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!