“Unexpected Find” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #346 of 1,150 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant has been in Fort Lauderdale (both locations) for over 30 years (maybe even 40). I've visited many, many times and decided to write a review. I'm very surprised that there are no other reviews. I did see a thread posted last year, but is now closed about this restaurant. It is a steak house, but also has very good fish, ribs and a terrific little salad bar. Many who visit are locals and come in several times a month. Many snow birds who visit when they flock down for the winter. Good early bird, and really great burgers. A very friendly staff, many of whom have been with the restaurant for 10 plus years each! Reasonable prices. Dated decor but the bar area has great big screen TVs so it works for my husband and me when we're in the area and crave a burger, steak or the ribs. Never had a bad meal. Never had bad service. Enjoy.
Long Island, New York
“Unexpected Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I am very particular about my steak and checked out Chuck's menu and ratings. Not only were my wife and I pleased with our entire meals but their wine list had selections for every palate at reasonable prices. Our steaks were cooked exactly as we had requested. The wait staff couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful and at no time did we feel rushed through our meals. When we are back in Ft. Lauderdale, we definitely go back to Chuck's.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Vaasa, Finland
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Good food and saladbar !!! Very friendly service ! Children liked it a lot too !!! Recommend to everyone !

Visited July 2013
Tamarac, Florida
“consistently very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

always a pleasant experience. we both chose the salad bar as an appetizer. we both had the 18-oz (bone-in) rib-eye steak. my guest had it with a cajun rub, mine was plain. reasonably priced at $27 per steak. both were very good. service, as usual was excellent.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Really good steaks. The Commercial Blvd location just had such a nice ambiance to it. The manager, who called himself Richie, was just the nicest guy. Best salad bar I've ever experienced. Steaks are cooked to order, and moderately priced to fit my vacation budget. Liked the deserts too. Looking for a good meal with great value and pleasant atmosphere? You should check this place out. Real good spot.

Visited July 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Good Steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Both couples ordered different cuts if steak and each had it's own quality.
I had the ribeye steak. It was very flavorful and the cut was more than generous.
The salad bar was small but well-stocked and fresh.
Nice place for casual dining but a bit dated (I was here over 10 years ago and it has hardly changed).

• Visited July 2013