“This will always be my vacation home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale

You added Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1801 State Road 84 West, I-95 at Exit #27, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315   |
Ranked #89 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“This will always be my vacation home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed at this motel before it renovated, and had a wonderful experience,,now that its being renovated I stayed there and OMG I enjoyed every bit of experience that I had with this motel, the staff ,,frontdesk and housekeeping is GREAT I didn't regret my stay,,talking about great hospitality ,,,,,,, I'm from Philadelphia and I will be goin on vacation in December ,,and this motel will certainly be my home for that 2 and half weeks I will be staying....in fortlauderdale

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lake Mary, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

vERY LIMITED TV CHANNELS. NO clock radio. No ice machine found. Hotel is renovating. Noisy at night. A/C does not cool room very well. Probably would not stay there again. I found a better place in Ft. Lauderdale. For $5 more. Bamboo floors no carpet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear ronbo61,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Pricing can't be beat. Room was standard. There appeared to be families staying there on a long term basis and bikes and other toys were laying out nearby. Room safety chain was broken, but everything else was okay.

Room Tip: For a one night stay, it worked out.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My dad used to stay in Motel 6
Economy, no breakfast, bad coffee, uppity staff
But cheap
It does the job !
I had a good room placement
Right out the back door to my truck
I do disagree about 2.99+tax ($3.17) for WiFi separately charged
Noisy and thuggish at night

Room Tip: No room service but next to many restaurants No gym
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Economy stay, great people at the front desk, best price for that area, a little more than other ones, room was very clean, a little outdated but in talking to them they are going to renovate next month. They have nightly security for this interior corridor property so nothing really happened the week I was there.

• Stayed June 2013
Denmark, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

After getting there by cab late at night (around 11:00 PM) without reservations I hoped there was a room available at a reasonable rate. I only needed one night. I wanted smoking. The desk clerk offered me a room for smokers with two beds. I told him I didn’t need two beds. So he then offered me a room with a double bed, handicap access, and smoking. This was a good idea and a good deal. Check-in was quick. I started asking questions about available food. He told me there are a few restaurants close by that unfortunately would be closed at this hour. Also, he mentioned that Winn Dixie and a Publix grocery stores were within walking distance. However, they too would be closed this late. He suggested a pizza place that I could call that would deliver to my motel room this late. He handed me their menu. I skipped the suggestion, but couldn’t wait until the next morning when Lil Reds BBQ restaurant right next door was open for breakfast. The room had plenty of space and was on the ground floor. It was comfortable and looked like it had recently been refurbished. The $55 plus tax I paid was well worth staying in a clean, quiet, brightly decorated room with a comfortable double bed. It is a well staffed hotel with friendly and helpful personnel. It is convenient lodging for persons going to or having arrived at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport which is only 3.7 miles away. Another upside of my stay was the short wait for a cab to get me back to the closest Tri-rail station.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Considering many travelers have a pre-set budget for each aspect of their vacation, this hotel will not break the bank. Most hotels that are convenient to Port Everglades (this particular hotel is approximately 5 miles straight down SR 84 to the port!) average $125 to over $500 per night. We paid $79 plus tax for a clean, quiet & well staffed hotel. It was also close to I-95 which makes finding the location very simple. It's not the Waldorf-Astoria, but you get what you pay for. I personally would rather save my money to spend during my cruise!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/C...
#87 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
3.0 of 5 stars 1,317 reviews
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauder...
#70 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 stars 267 reviews
BEST WESTERN  Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Ai...
#48 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 stars 728 reviews
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale...
#35 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 stars 283 reviews
Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport
Super 8 Fort Lauderdale Airport
#15 of 19 in Dania Beach
3.0 of 5 stars 210 reviews
Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port
Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise ...
#34 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 stars 619 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!