“Not Bad, Pricey” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale

You added Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1801 State Road 84 West, I-95 at Exit #27, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315   |
Ranked #84 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Not Bad, Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed one night. Room was quite, bed comfortable, check-in quick. Shower stall was clean, water hot, towels better than normal for a 6. TV still the old CRTV and channels limited. Room had slight odor especially when the heat was turned on.
$69. senior seemed a little high.
Good BBQ joint next door.
Would stay again.

Room Tip: Recommend second floor room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Visitor Service personal "Blake" is the only nice feature about the place. What a great guy to bad that is the only nice thing I have to say about this place, because OMG what a dump!!! This is not a place you want you dog to sleep at. The bathroom had hair in the shower, on 3 of the four towels, the toilet to be flushed twice after any usage. The blanket was ripped and had burn holes in it. I found a pair of women's bedroom slippers under the bed. The hallways smell, you and hear your neighbors on all four sides.

Room Tip: Keep Looking !!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

While we are glad to hear that you were pleased with our service, the cleanliness and room condition you described are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We apologize for your negative experience and appreciate your bringing these issues to our attention. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to help us better address these issues: 1-800-557-3435.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We had made reservations for two bedrooms before we arrived, and when we showed up they said we only had one reservations for one room.

When we got the second room it was a non smoking room and the stinch of stale smoke lingered in the room. The room telephone was broken and busted without the hotel infomation on it. When i went to the front desk and the staff seemed upset at me for wanting a phone that works. They gave me three different phones that did not work and told me there was nothing they can do about giving me a room phone that works.

the bathroom had mold on the walls and poop stains in the tolit.

• Stayed March 2013
New Dundee, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and i selected this motel to stay an extra day and save money,outside looks reasonably clean,but the interior corridor carpeting was not good shape, the first room that we were given had a strong odour and we went back to the desk,we were given another room,odours as well but less so,we would have liked some where to sit outside for a smoke but the area by pool is locked at 9,we went out to back parking lot only to be intimidated by a couple of punks with a pitbull! We went back into room and fell asleep,about midnight orso someone was trying to get in our room,it turned girl at the desk didn't input that we had switched and room was rented to someone else,we got very little sleep and in the morning we asked for and received about half our money back.Never again!

Room Tip: Don't think there are any good rooms here!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Albany ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were sailing out on the 19th of Jan. so we only needed a 1 night stay. We had stayed here before and the only thing that changed was the flooring. They took out the old smelly carpet and put in some linoleum type flooring. The staff was very nice,but this place really needs to totally renovated. The bedding was the worse for sleeping. Next years cruise we will stay some place else. Cheaper isn't always better.

Room Tip: a few restaurants and a winn dixie/publix were within walking distance.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

So, after flying in early in the morning, I was looking for something close and cheap to hold me over until I could get a better room. They gave me a room that was a double bed, handicap access, and smoking. I should have known better. I walked into the hallway and there was a puddle of water.. ON THE CARPET. I walked into my room and it smelled like a dirty nursing home. And it reeked of smoke. I almost gagged opening the door. It is truly as bad as the reviews. I immediately went inside and asked for a refund. They should be immediately stripped of the franchise title.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. That's my tip.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
new hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Upon arriving at the motel we realized it was not in the best of neighborhoods. Upon checking in the rate quoted was not the rate charged and I had the front desk call corporate who told me there was nothing they could do. I was not happy but only having one night to meet with friends we did not have the luxury to drive around looking for a room. Which would have been difficult to find in this area because we were right by the cruise ships and what I had found on line was that most of the places were booked. Then when we went to our room it smelled very much from cigarette smoke which it was a non smoking room. The bed sheets also smelled of cigarette smoke as did the hall and the maids room which tells me the maids were smoking in the linen room thus the smell. I will never stay at this or any Motel 6 ever again. The rate change was the topper for me!

Room Tip: I don't think there is one room that would be any better
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!