“Motel 6” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale

You added Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1801 State Road 84 West, I-95 at Exit #27, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315   |
Ranked #83 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
New Dundee, Canada
“Motel 6”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and i selected this motel to stay an extra day and save money,outside looks reasonably clean,but the interior corridor carpeting was not good shape, the first room that we were given had a strong odour and we went back to the desk,we were given another room,odours as well but less so,we would have liked some where to sit outside for a smoke but the area by pool is locked at 9,we went out to back parking lot only to be intimidated by a couple of punks with a pitbull! We went back into room and fell asleep,about midnight orso someone was trying to get in our room,it turned girl at the desk didn't input that we had switched and room was rented to someone else,we got very little sleep and in the morning we asked for and received about half our money back.Never again!

Room Tip: Don't think there are any good rooms here!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Albany ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were sailing out on the 19th of Jan. so we only needed a 1 night stay. We had stayed here before and the only thing that changed was the flooring. They took out the old smelly carpet and put in some linoleum type flooring. The staff was very nice,but this place really needs to totally renovated. The bedding was the worse for sleeping. Next years cruise we will stay some place else. Cheaper isn't always better.

Room Tip: a few restaurants and a winn dixie/publix were within walking distance.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

So, after flying in early in the morning, I was looking for something close and cheap to hold me over until I could get a better room. They gave me a room that was a double bed, handicap access, and smoking. I should have known better. I walked into the hallway and there was a puddle of water.. ON THE CARPET. I walked into my room and it smelled like a dirty nursing home. And it reeked of smoke. I almost gagged opening the door. It is truly as bad as the reviews. I immediately went inside and asked for a refund. They should be immediately stripped of the franchise title.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. That's my tip.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
new hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Upon arriving at the motel we realized it was not in the best of neighborhoods. Upon checking in the rate quoted was not the rate charged and I had the front desk call corporate who told me there was nothing they could do. I was not happy but only having one night to meet with friends we did not have the luxury to drive around looking for a room. Which would have been difficult to find in this area because we were right by the cruise ships and what I had found on line was that most of the places were booked. Then when we went to our room it smelled very much from cigarette smoke which it was a non smoking room. The bed sheets also smelled of cigarette smoke as did the hall and the maids room which tells me the maids were smoking in the linen room thus the smell. I will never stay at this or any Motel 6 ever again. The rate change was the topper for me!

Room Tip: I don't think there is one room that would be any better
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lewisville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Let me start by saying we had just spent a week in a 2 bedroom suite at Wyndham Palm-Aire and needed a 1 night stay before catching our flight the following day. We were very relunctant after reading the reviews about bugs, lice, dirty sheets, nothing in the room working, smell in the hall, bad location...you get the idea. After all it was just for 1 night, close to the airport and price was O.K. We decided to go for it and was pleasantly surprised. Check in was quick and friendly, room was clean and no bugs and everything worked including hot water in the shower. We still had a rent car so going out to dinner was no problem. I never felt threatened by the area, Yes there was some odor in the hall but not in the room. It served our purpose and would stay there agin if the need arises.

Room Tip: Stay on the 1st floor close to the office.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Ok...lets just start by saying...I am not a hotel snob at all. Otherwise I would not book a Motel 6 in the first place. I always hear...you get what you pay for...and with this motel...its very true. The rate was great...and location for what I wanted to do was also great. But...its clear that the hotel staff and management do not care about its guests. The carpets in the hallways...and the room were in need of serious cleaning. The air conditioner had some kinda smell coming from it...and not a very pleasant one...but even the a/c in the hallway had the same smell...so I knew changing rooms would not end up any better. The sheets and towels were clean...thank goodness. Sooo...I opted to spray my room often with Lysol Air Spray...when I was in the room. I would never stay there again...and would not recommend this one to anyone else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This place stinks really bad and is in dire need of some attention. You are better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!