“tried it again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale

You added Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1801 State Road 84 West, I-95 at Exit #27, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315   |
Ranked #83 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Albany ny
“tried it again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were sailing out on the 19th of Jan. so we only needed a 1 night stay. We had stayed here before and the only thing that changed was the flooring. They took out the old smelly carpet and put in some linoleum type flooring. The staff was very nice,but this place really needs to totally renovated. The bedding was the worse for sleeping. Next years cruise we will stay some place else. Cheaper isn't always better.

Room Tip: a few restaurants and a winn dixie/publix were within walking distance.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

So, after flying in early in the morning, I was looking for something close and cheap to hold me over until I could get a better room. They gave me a room that was a double bed, handicap access, and smoking. I should have known better. I walked into the hallway and there was a puddle of water.. ON THE CARPET. I walked into my room and it smelled like a dirty nursing home. And it reeked of smoke. I almost gagged opening the door. It is truly as bad as the reviews. I immediately went inside and asked for a refund. They should be immediately stripped of the franchise title.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. That's my tip.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
new hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Upon arriving at the motel we realized it was not in the best of neighborhoods. Upon checking in the rate quoted was not the rate charged and I had the front desk call corporate who told me there was nothing they could do. I was not happy but only having one night to meet with friends we did not have the luxury to drive around looking for a room. Which would have been difficult to find in this area because we were right by the cruise ships and what I had found on line was that most of the places were booked. Then when we went to our room it smelled very much from cigarette smoke which it was a non smoking room. The bed sheets also smelled of cigarette smoke as did the hall and the maids room which tells me the maids were smoking in the linen room thus the smell. I will never stay at this or any Motel 6 ever again. The rate change was the topper for me!

Room Tip: I don't think there is one room that would be any better
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lewisville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Let me start by saying we had just spent a week in a 2 bedroom suite at Wyndham Palm-Aire and needed a 1 night stay before catching our flight the following day. We were very relunctant after reading the reviews about bugs, lice, dirty sheets, nothing in the room working, smell in the hall, bad location...you get the idea. After all it was just for 1 night, close to the airport and price was O.K. We decided to go for it and was pleasantly surprised. Check in was quick and friendly, room was clean and no bugs and everything worked including hot water in the shower. We still had a rent car so going out to dinner was no problem. I never felt threatened by the area, Yes there was some odor in the hall but not in the room. It served our purpose and would stay there agin if the need arises.

Room Tip: Stay on the 1st floor close to the office.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Ok...lets just start by saying...I am not a hotel snob at all. Otherwise I would not book a Motel 6 in the first place. I always hear...you get what you pay for...and with this motel...its very true. The rate was great...and location for what I wanted to do was also great. But...its clear that the hotel staff and management do not care about its guests. The carpets in the hallways...and the room were in need of serious cleaning. The air conditioner had some kinda smell coming from it...and not a very pleasant one...but even the a/c in the hallway had the same smell...so I knew changing rooms would not end up any better. The sheets and towels were clean...thank goodness. Sooo...I opted to spray my room often with Lysol Air Spray...when I was in the room. I would never stay there again...and would not recommend this one to anyone else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This place stinks really bad and is in dire need of some attention. You are better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I cannot believe this is a Motel 6. It reminds me of a cheap hotel on Lincoln ave in Chicago. If you get there late you deal with the front dest thru a security window outside the place. The staff was fine and friendly... those poor folks have to work there so give them a break. First room we got had a stench that hit us when we walked in the room...needless to say we asked for another room. Next room was nicer and smelled better since it had recently gotten a new fresh plastic shower curtain....ah that new plastic smell ! Bed was surprisingly comfortable and no sign of bugs. Towels were clean & fresh along with the bedding. Room carpet was much newer then the "worn to the bone" hallway carpeting. Morning coffee was just that in a styro cup w/ powdered creamer. Bottom line, it was a place to crash after our plane arrived at FLL about 1AM...and we were out by 10 AM. Didn't unpack anything, quicky shower and off we were. For the price of about 75 bucks you really cannot complain. Oh yea, and for some reason they charge you a few bucks less if your traveling solo.....so just say your alone and save about 6 bucks.....they will never check so book the room with your wife or whoever in the car.

Room Tip: Dunkin down the street for coffee, avoid the rear rooms that face the parking lot....seedy looking a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!