I tend to stay at boutique hotels whenever I travel on holiday and the pillars certainty deserves to be a SLH. The location is stunning and building beautiful with a lovely pool area. There were a few things I would point out:
1. There wasn't a great hot breakfast selection for non meat eaters - I asked if they had vegetarian substitutions for the meat in their American breakfast eg some vegetarian sausages or grilled vegetables, or could do a vegetable omelette (a very common option elsewhere) and they didn't have any options
2. Some aspects of service weren't great. I would start by saying that there were two great reception staff and I am only sorry I didn't get their names to make a personal reference but there was a gentle man with glasses and a lady with long brown hair. They were very helpful throughout my trip and are a credit to the hotel.
3. Aside from then, on the first night I booked to eat at the restaurant at the hotel and had a 9pm booking. We turned up at 9pm to be told (with no apology) that our table was not ready yet and it would be another 15-20 minutes. My husband asked what the delay was as we were not offered a reason and we were told that people on the earlier sitting had turned up late. So we were offered a drink at the bar, I wasn't clear at that stage if it was a complimentary drink as it was never made clear although i must add that my husband didn't think we were charged for the drink. So we sat and waited and after 35 minutes I was tired of waiting with no communication (no one had updated us at all) and went to ask what was happening to be told the table was now ready again with no apology and we only received a passing apology when I sat down at the table - possibly because they I could see from the look on my face I wasn't very impressed. I dine at what you may call 'high end' restaurant s once a week in London and never in my life have I had to wait 35 minutes for a table - if someone turns up late it is not the fault of the person who turns up on time. Thankfully the rest of the meal was smooth (albeit the food was surprisingly average, I had expected more) but we had an excellent waiter. On my last day we were not leaving the hotel until around 5 (i must add that the hotel were kind enough to offer us an extra hour to check out) so we popped out in the afternoon and returned back to the hotel later in the afternoon. I didn't see any of the waiting staff so I asked the lady at reception if I could get a drink and explained that I had already checked out so it could not be put on my room bill and got my wallet out. She looked at me rather incredulously as to why was I bothering her and she stomped off to get the drink.....I stood there with the money in my hand and she walked straight past me to get something for the drink. By this stage surprised at her attitude I walked off back to my seat. When she brought the drink out she put it down and walked off without a word. This may sound rather small but to be frank she soured what had been a nice afternoon, I wasn't sure why she took an attitude, possibly for whatever reason my custom was not valued.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pillars Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) and a Conde Nast Johansen selected hotel. The property is an elegant and sophisticated 18 room hotel ideally located right on the Intracoastal Waterway, and only a few short steps from the beach. The Pillars offers its hotel guests an outstanding dining experience and an exceptional level of personal service and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Escapio, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Pillars Hotel Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pillars